Episode 67: Dome of Darkness

[Somewhere in the depths of Grand Crater]

Roa and Satoru made their way toward a man seated on a high-rise throne, which rose out of the crater's depths. The terrain had been changed to make it resemble a palace.

The man smiled as soon as he saw them. "Good to see that you two are awake." He wore no shirt, showing off his muscular build. Though his most interesting feature was the black monkey tail wrapped around his waist.

Roa kept his head down and said, "I'm... sorry." He curled his hands into fists. "I... I failed to protect another friend..." He closed his star-like eyes. "I'm so sorry, Master Daisaru."

Daisaru frowned. "It's alright. We'll reclaim Etsuo from the enemy. Though you better prepare yourselves for the upcoming battle."

"Should we even save that weakling?" asked a blond female teen as she walked in with two others. She was dressed in a yellow gown.

"Come on, he's our big bro. Even if he is a wimp," said a black-haired boy that resembled Daisaru. He wore a vest and a fez.

"Yeah, we need to save big bro Etsuo! I am sure if it were any of us that he would save us," said the red-haired girl accompanying the other two. She had an eye patch on the center of her forehead.

Satoru snickered. "I agree with Mai. We're better off leaving him to his own devices. If not for him, we likely would've taken the palace."

Daisaru took a deep breath. "I won't abandon my son. I will be sending one of you to go save him. As for which one, I rather leave you guessing until the day comes close. Either way, the one who will save him must be ready to fight as much as the others. The rest of you are to stay here to confront the enemy. I take it that you still have your Yagro Sphere?"

Roa stared at the cyan pods situated throughout the room. They continued on in a spiral that reached the ceiling. He returned his gaze to the Monkey Pillar and nodded. "Yes, they should be at full power when awakened. Etsuo also has yet to use his. Only Satoru here has made use of it."

Daisaru narrowed his eyes at Satoru. "Are the various ruined towns throughout this region the doing of your soldiers?"

Satoru grinned. "Yes, one of them, to be specific."

The man shook his head. "You gave the enemy an excuse to reject our call for peace and a way to rally their own forces together. Didn't you listen when we said that we wished to do this through peaceful means?"

Satoru shrugged. "Come on, you know that's nothing more than a pipe dream. Besides, you and the other ancients love to fight. Plus, not everyone agrees with Queen Aster's way of doing things," he said, turning his back to him. "You are strong and ancient. If anyone knows how these things go, it's you. Our world is one where the strong survive and the weak die. To try to do things differently in another realm is foolish at best. Or is it that you wish to change that? For the sake of that inept child of yours?"

Daisaru smiled. "You are the foolish one to speak to me about the law of the jungle, considering my power. I could kill you right here and now in an instant, if I so wished. Now, listen closely, you two and the triplets are to fight the so-called 'Five Knights' and their entourage, which Roa mentioned in his briefings. I will be dealing with the Seven Hills. The rest of their forces shall be taken care of by the rest of our soldiers."

Satoru and the others grinned as they looked up at the various capsules as they opened, revealing different primate-looking beings. The stepped out and bowed before Daisaru.

Daisaru chuckled as he leaned his chin on his right hand. "Once we're done with Zionia, we'll be moving on to Xeleria."

"What about the realm between them?" Roa asked.