Episode 61: Shadow Invasion

[Outside the palace- A few moments earlier]

The gray cloaked figure stopped his advancement toward Kuroshi and the others. He turned his golden eyes northward as the ground had barely begun to shake.

"He's coming," he whispered.

Kuroshi glanced the direction he was looking at. The sky glowed in the colors of the rainbow even though it was broad daylight.

"Aurora, this far south?" Koukyuu asked.

"This aura... It's..." Kuroshi said. He gasped, and his eyes widened. "No, not him!"

"Is it an abyssmal?" Hideaki asked as he hugged Dan.

"Yes. A dangerous one," Kuroshi said, furrowing his brow.

"Dad, so it's almost time," Etsuo whispered.

Hideo raised his rifle at Etsuo. "Wait, did you just say 'Dad'? What do you mean? Was the king right about you?"

Kuroshi spun around and grabbed Etsuo by the collar of his shirt. "So you were who I thought you were. You're Daisaru's child!"

"How... do... you know him," Etsuo asked as he clenched Kuroshi's arm. He tried to push Kuroshi's arm away, but the man's grip was too firm for him.

"Let go of him!" Roa yelled as he unleashed black electricity from his hands.

Hideaki blew away the lightning with a shield of wind, grabbed Roa by the neck, and slammed him to the ground. "Sorry for doing this," the young Duke said. "I know that you helped us save Dan. And for that, I'm grateful, but if you are an enemy, then I won't hesitate to capture you."

"Shut up!" Roa growled as his hands crackled with sparks.

Hideaki tried to say something, but nothing came out. He touched his throat. Still, no sound came out.

"Dad!" Dan said, running toward his father.

Koukyuu grabbed him by the arm and shook her head. "Don't. It's dangerous. Stand close to me," the Kasai no Ki princess said, backing away as the shaking of the earth started to come to an end.

"Let go of Etsuo!" Roa yelled as darkness began to cover him.

Etsuo closed his eyes and dissolved into a pile of goo.

Kiara screamed. "He melted!"

"I'm fine," Etsuo's voice echoed out of the goo.

"What... what are you?" Hideo asked as he pointed his gun at him. He shot at him, but the bullets exploded as they made contact with the heat being radiated from the now goo Etsuo.

"Obviously he's an abyssmal," the cloaked young man said as he appeared behind Hideaki's kids and the Kasai no Ki princess and threw a dark sphere over at the palace gates. Four tails sprung out of the young man's cloak and stabbed the four of them before they could even move.

"Kiara!" Etsuo yelled as he began to turn back to his usual form. He cupped both hands over his mouth. "No... why?"

"Get out of here, Etsuo!" Roa yelled.

Hideaki's eyes widened at the sight of his kids laying on the ground with deep wounds. He curled his hands together and let out a scream. Golden flames covered him. Roa screamed in pain as the fire caught him. The duke threw Roa aside. The black-haired teen quickly began to spin in the ground, but the flames wouldn't stop.

"Roa!" Etsuo yelled. He stepped back, tears streaming down his face.

He glanced up at Hideaki, who had transformed his golden sun-shaped necklace into a staff. The duke pointed the weapon at the cloaked youth. The monkey boy jumped into the air as the duke of Makkuroyama thrust his staff forward, allowing him to avoid being impaled by one of the staff's seven sharp points. The monkey boy landed on the tip of the staff with one foot.