Episode 13: Baldo's Power

Princess Rosalba watched from thousands of feet in the air as the two brothers flew up and clashed several meters above her. Sparks of cyan emitted from the sibling's weapons, lighting up the increasingly darkening sky.

Kohri grinned as he pushed against Baldo. "Not bad, big bro!"

"I'll master this weapon in no time, you'll see," he said, flying back. He raised the sword and swung it forth, unleashing a blast of cold air. While Baldo wasn't a katana like his previous angel tools, it still functioned similarly. He would just have to adjust for the difference in blade curvature as well as thickness.

The younger brother chuckled as he came down at his big brother. Hyosetsu blocked again, but the force sent him crashing into the ice below.

Rosalba gasped as she watched. The icy mist made it challenging to make out where exactly he had crashed. There wasn't even a sound made. Either the snow managed to absorb most of it, or he had saved himself.

She flew up and got a little closer. "Hyosetsu?" she called out.

Suddenly, a wave of cold air flew up from the mist.

Kohri's eyes widen. He crossed his arms together and folded his wings a bit. The Seven-Hill knight gritted his teeth as he tried his best to resist his brother's attack.

"Wow," Rosalba said. She glanced at the direction that the blast had come from and saw a blue blur made its way toward Kohri. "Another attack?"

She gasped as she came to a stop as it struck Kohri. It wasn't another blast, but Hyosetsu himself.

Kohri gripped his hammer with both his hands and spun around.

Hyosetsu smirked as he swung Baldo, defending against Kohri's full attack. However, the force of the impact pushed him once again.

"You got to train your center of gravity," Kohri said.

"How do you expect me to do that while we're in mid-air?" Hyosetsu asked as Kohri dashed toward him. He flew up and held Baldo with both hands. "Ice Horn!"

Blue mana covered Baldo, encasing it in a layer of ice. Next thing Rosa knew, Hyo had moved toward Kohri at sonic speed.

Kohri yelped as he barely dodged his brother's attack. "Woah! That was a close one!" He gasped as he noticed strands of red hair fly off. "No, it did get me!"

Hyosetsu swung his sword over his shoulder and smiled. "You're lucky it was only your hair, little brother. Next time, you won't be so lucky!"

Kohri turned around and chuckled. "Don't get cocky now, Hyo! I'm barely getting started!"

Hyosetsu closed his eyes and began slicing the air like how he had done at the palace with his old angel tools.

The younger brother gasped as he realized that the power behind the attack was the exact same as with the former weapons. How had his brother adjusted so quickly in so little time?

Kohri winced as Baldo cut his left cheek. "Incredible. You really are an amazing swordsman."

Hyosetsu scoffed as he kicked Kohri toward the ground. "Of course. While I prefer katanas, it doesn't matter if it's a rapier, claymore, or a katana. I'll bring out its full potential!"

Kohri chuckled. "It's a good thing that you didn't allow yourself to be pigeonholed into learning only one kind of sword art."

"True. That said, the power of this sword isn't too bad," Hyosetsu said he stared at his black sword. "It's as if the power of my old weapons got transferred over into it. If only I could call upon the angel of this weapon like I once could with the others."