Episode 8: Mysterious Child

Tetsuya glanced up from his textbook and notes and noticed Yuko glancing out of one of the dorm's crystalline windows at the campus below. The two of them were the only ones in the room as the others had gone on ahead to buy ingredients for dinner.

He pushed himself up from the floor and walked across the white carpeted room which seemed more like an hotel suite than a dorm room. It was so big that even the large sofa and two smaller couches situated around a glass table failed to fill up the majority of the living room. Though all the open space was rather soothing. With a couple of weights and other gear, one could have a proper workout without going to the gym and hope there was a spot open.

"What are you looking at?" Tetsuya asked, looking at the various buildings whose lights shone like tiny stars in the darkness of night.

Yuko touched the spotless glass. "Yuko is searching for Nori," she responded as her eyes scanned the area.

"Nori? Is he a friend of yours?"

Yuko nodded. "Yes. Master Kuroshi tasked Nori with a special task. He should be back by now, though."

Special task? Is this Nori a kid like Yuko too? Why is that masked weirdo giving tasks to children?

Tetsuya stretched his arms toward the white as ivory ceiling and yawned. "Well, it's dark out. You can't find him like this. How about we go out and search for him?"

Yuko pressed her head against the cool glass. "I can see from here."

Tetsuya narrowed his eyes. Despite being a descendant of Hanketsu, The Archangel of Darkness who was said to have had dominion over all shadows in the universe, he couldn't see much in the shadow of night.

"You can?" He watched as she didn't even blink away. This Nori must be really important to her. Probably as much as Serrano is to me.

The Agnes knight patted Yuko's head and chuckled. "How about we read something while we wait for Nori to appear and the others to come back from the grocery market?"

Yuko glanced over her shoulder as her cheeks reddened slightly. "Uh, okay. If it's what the young master wishes."

He sighed. "Please call me Tetsu or Tetsuya. I'm not a noble, but even if I was, I wouldn't want to be referred to by stuffy titles like that."

Yuko tilted her head at him. "Mister sounds just like Master."

Right, the guy snapped at me for saying sir before his name. Though he did allow Rosa and Yuko to refer to him as such.

Tetsuya walked with Yuko back to the glass table and took out a book from the pack he had placed beneath the table.

After taking out a pair of glasses from his coat pocket and putting them on, he opened the book up. It had large golden pages like some old fairytale tome. On the left page was a picture while on the right was the text.

"Drawings? In a book?" Yuko said, surprised by the elegant paintings on the left side.

Tetsuya tilted his head at her. Has she never seen a book with pictures before? Wonder what kind of childhood she's had...

"This book has illustrations. It's a book on fairy tales," Tetsuya said as he stared at the illustration of a pair of male angels. The faces of the two were drawn to form one. On the right side was a violet haired angel with purple eyes with dark purple wings. On the left side was a red-eyed crimson haired angel with wings a lit like the sunset sky. The story he had landed on was that of his ancestor, Hanketsu, and his rival, Masayoshi.

"This guy looks similar to Ximena," Yuko said, pointing at Masayoshi.

"Yeah, well, that's because he's her ancestor. He is said to have lived thousands of years ago. The guy on the right is mine."