Episode 64: All or Nothing

[A few moments earlier- Imperial Gardens]

Hideaki carried the unconscious Etsuo on his back. He had tied up the young man's limbs, including his tail, to assure that he wouldn't runoff. The rope he used ensured that the abysmal wouldn't be able to dissolve into darkness like how he had done before.

As he started to make his way toward the palace entrance, he saw a black pegasus running at him with all its might. Hideaki jumped out of its way and pointed his staff at it. "Time, freeze!"

"Nice try but you non-abyssmals can't stop me with your time powers!" the pegasus spoke in Roa's voice.

"You're the other one! The one who my nephew lost to back in the cavern," Hideaki said, lowering his staff. "If you leave here peacefully and promise never to return again, then I'll hand over your friend to you."

Roa snickered. "You're just like your sister, making demands of those stronger than you." He rushed at Hideaki, knocking him to the ground before the man even knew what had happened. He picked up his bound friend and smiled. "I'll be taking Etsuo back with me to meet up with his father."

Hideaki grinned as vines emerged from Etsuo's binds, grasping the pegasus' wings. "You talk big, much like Reno and my eldest son. However, like those two, you can't back it up with actions." He clapped his hands together, unleashing a shock-wave of wind.

Roa stomped the ground as the wind pushed him back. He knew he was at a disadvantage against the duke. He could burn the vines with a discharge, but it would hurt Etsuo too. There had to be something he could do. He chuckled and reverted back to his usual form. He summoned a sword and slashed the vines before they could close in on him.

Hideaki picked up Etsuo, who was now no longer linked to Roa. He jumped into the air and waved his staff at the raven-haired teen creating a gust of wind strong enough to blow the young man to the other side of the garden.

"Dad!" a voice called out. Hideaki turned right and saw Kiara and Dan run at him.

"You're alright!" Hideaki said, grinning.

"Yeah, thanks to the Kasai no Ki princess," Hideo said as he stood on top of a tree branch. "Why did you even bring her here in the first place?"

"To start a diplomatic meeting. Kasai no Ki and Kuroriku are supposed to be allies in this war, but the two sides haven't talked directly. Rather I've been the middle man for both."

"I see. Well, she could use your help right about now. I would go, but I have to protect my siblings." He jumped off the tree as soon as it became apparent that Roa wasn't coming. "Though now that they're with you, I can go help her myself if you want."

"Are you feeling well enough to fight?"

Hideo spun one of his arms and smiled. "I'm still a little sore, but I think I can handle it."

"Move away!" Hideaki yelled as he yanked Hideo behind him and formed a barrier of wind. A great bolt of lightning destroyed the barrier and struck the duke's arm, leaving crimson markings through it.

"Pa-papa!" Dan yelled.

Hideaki turned away from his second son and stepped forward. With his good hand, he unleashed several twisters. Roa zipped back and forth between trees and slashed the air, cutting it in half with his sword.

"Give Etsuo back to me!" he screamed.

Hideo took a step back and turned to look at Etsuo. He ran over to the white-haired youth and pointed the nozzle of his rifle against the boy's head. "Kiara, Dan, come closer. You too, Dad!"