Intermission- Primera

*Sierra*

[Present- Imperial Palace, Sierra's room]

"So that's how the last three got their weapons. But what about Eiichi and--" I say as mommy closes the book in her hands.

Mom chuckles. "Patience, little one. The one you admire will show up later. But for now, how about we take a break?"

I hear mommy's tummy growl, causing me to giggle. "Mommy is hungry?"

She chuckles. "I might be a royal, but we get hungry too."

"Just like Rosa did!" I say, jumping out of my bed.

Mom lowers her gaze. "Yeah..."

I tilt my head at her. "Mommy, what did become of--"

"I heard someone say they're hungry," someone calls out. Holding a plate of cookies was a bluish-silver haired man. Surrounding him are my two little brothers and sister, each jumping or flying up to snatch one. Dad evades each one of them with grace.

I unleash my orange wings and take one from the plate while my papa is distracted.

I fly over and hand it to my mommy. "Here ya go, Mommy!" I say, smiling.

"Thanks, Sierra, but I can grab it myself," Mommy says, patting my head. She glances at Papa and chuckles as he hands out cookies to the others. "Seems the cookie dough didn't fall far from the bowl."

"Haha. Very funny," he says.

"Is this Tetsu's recipe?" I ask, staring at the cookie.

"It's based on it."

"Wah? How did Papa get Sir Tetsuya's recipe?" says the oldest of my little brothers, Setsuna.

Papa averts his gaze. "It was... given to me." He glances up at the book on my bed. Mama must've left it there. "Storytime already?"

"Sierra wanted to hear Setsuko's story."

"Yeah, though so far, only the shield, sword, and riffle knights have shown up," I say. "Oh, and Kohri, Serra, and Rosa of The Order of the Seven Hills."

Papa laughs. "I see. You'll be seeing more of Setty soon. Anyway, dinner will be ready in a few."

Setsuna ran over to our mommy. "I want to hear it too!"

"Okay, Tsuna," she says. She looks at Papa. "Come to think of it, I should've asked you to tell them the first part."

Papa smiles. "Well, sounds like you said it as well as me."

Mommy narrows her eyes at him. "Wait, you were eavesdropping?"

He chuckled. "At some parts, yeah."

She grumbles. "And you pretended to be shocked just now too."

He walks over and picks up the picture book on my bed. His eyes settle on a picture of a young Tetsuya with his cousin, Serra.

"Papa?" I say, touching the side of his shirt. I look up and see what appears to be a tear sliding down his face.

Is Papa crying? Is it that picture? Why would he cry at the sight of it, though?