Episode 9: Training

Tetsuya smiled as he picked up a frying pan. After showering, he had decided to whip up breakfast for the kids, Eita, Serrano, and himself. Using the spoon he had been using, he sliced the giant omelet he'd made into five even pieces. Once he finished, he walked over to the table where five plates sat.

"Thanks," Serrano said, smiling. He was the only one already awake.

"What's that smell?" Eita asked, rubbing his eyes.

"It's an omelet," Tetsuya responded it. "Hmm, guess that I should've asked if you were fine with one."

"An omelet, huh?" The blond, green-eyed teen stared at it and smiled. "It looks like a cloud."

Tetsuya laughed. "I make mine super fluffy!" He glanced at the living room, where the kids were still fast asleep. "I used to like them as a kid, so I figured those two might too."

"I'm not a kid, and I like them," Serrano said, using a knife and a fork to slice off a piece. He smiled as soon as it touched his lips. "It's great! You've almost matched your mom!"

Tetsuya puffed his chest proudly. "Thanks, but I doubt I'll ever match Ma's cooking."

Eita sat down in a chair and poked it, causing his food to wiggle. "It's like gelatin."

"Eat it, I'm sure you'll like it."

"What's that smell?" Nori asked as he ran into the kitchen. He appeared to be salivating.

"It's breakfast," Tetsuya said as he placed the last piece of omelet on its respective plate.

"What's breakfast?" Nori asked, tilting his head.

"I know that not everyone eats it, but you've never heard of it?" Serrano asked.

Nori shook his head. "No. Nori's never had it before, nor has Yuko."

Tetsuya glanced at the living room. Yuko was still fast asleep. While slumbering, she looked like a regular kid.

He picked up a plate and walked into the living room.

"Hey, Yuko. I made you some food," Tetsuya said, squatting beside the sofa.

The little girl's nose twitched. "Food?" she asked, standing up.

Nori giggled. "Nori's surprised that Yuko didn't wake up first. She usually wakes up before Nori does when there's food involved."

Yuko sat up straight. "Yuko must've been more tired than she thought," the girl mumbled.

Tetsuya ruffled her head. "Try to rest while I'm in class then. After my test is over, I'll come and pick you up so that we can go to the Angelic Dome, alright?"

She nodded her head. "Okay."

The brown-haired young man grinned. "Great!"

Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

"Wonder who that is."

"Nori will get it!" the kid said, running over to the door.

"Huh?" Ximena said as the door opened.

"Hey," Nori said, waving at her.

Ximena chuckled. "Oh, hey there! I didn't see you."

Nori lowered his head. "Nori wishes he was taller..."

Ximena reached her hand out and messed up his bright-red hair. "I'm sure you will be as long as you eat well."

Nori smiled. "Really, Miss?"

The green-haired young woman nodded. "Yup!"

"Yay! Nori's going to go finish his food right now!" the kid said, rushing back to the kitchen.