Episode 58: Despair

Suzuki charged at Nori while the kid stood his ground. As soon as she was within the boy's reach, the kid unleashed his chains on her. She gasped as they came at her from all sides, curving behind to prevent her from escaping that way.

Nori's four chains each grabbed hold of an arm and leg.

"Let go of me," Suzuki yelled as she struggled against the chains. She unleashed a sphere of black flames, but nothing happened to the chains. "What?"

The red-haired boy smiled shyly. "Nori's chains are fireproof, as is Nori," the boy said as the flames spread down the chains and into his hands. The fire's demonic aura faded as soon as they touched the young boy as if they were being exercised.

"Tsk," Suzuki said as she yanked on the chains holding her arms. Nori screamed as he was flung into the air by his own weapons. The young woman laughed as she shook Nori around, not allowing him to fall to the ground.

"Nori is gonna throw up," the little boy mumbled as he grew dizzy.

Suzuki slammed the boy against a nearby rock, causing him to let out a howling scream. Blood dripped out of the kid, dying the black rock crimson.

"Nori!" a voice called out.

Suzuki turned around and saw Eita flying overhead with a sword of light on hand. "Hmph, so you decided to return. Should've run while you had the chance to flee with your life."

Eita flew at her super fast. She tried to move away, but Nori's chains restricted her movements. She gasped as Eita flew behind her and put an arm around her neck. "Sorry for this," Eita said as he raised his sword.

The red-head woman unleashed flames, but the chains absorbed them and redirected them toward Nori. She gasped as she saw the kid standing up. His wounds were closing, being healed by her very flames.

"Wow, you're a tough one, aren't you?" Eita whistled as he saw Nori stand up.

Nori picked up his wooden staff, which had fallen on the ground nearby. He looked up at the demoness and staggered forward. Light covered his staff, transforming it into a silver sword of light.

The white-robed kid took a deep breath as he raised his sword. "Hold Suzu, Nori will purify her."

A voice emerged from Suzuki, but it wasn't hers. Long thorns emerged from her red wings, forcing Eita to unhand her. Nori moved as fast as his little legs could.

Suddenly he saw Eita had come over to his side. The blond nudged Nori toward Suzuki.

Suzuki gasped as Nori used the momentum from Eita's push. The silver sword penetrating her heart. A voice like that of a thousand wails vibrated throughout the air, leaving all who heard it feeling chills.

"Holy Cross!" Nori yelled. The sword unleashed a brilliant golden light.

Suzuki let out another scream, causing the ground around the three of them to crumble into dust. She flailed around as Nori drove his sword deeper.

"Eita!" Nori yelled. "Help Nori save Suzu."

"Sure," Eita said, dashing over. He grabbed Nori's sword of light and thrust it deeper into Suzuki. The three of them suddenly stopped moving as their eyes went dull.

"Nori, Eita!" Rosalba yelled as she arrived at the scene. Black smoke from a dying brush fire engulfed the area. Her hazel eyes widened as she saw the three collapse on the ground where Reno and Nico also laid.

She forced herself forward. Her lip quivered. She couldn't feel Nori and Eita's souls within their respective bodies.

"What happened here?" Kiara asked as she ran over. She stared at her unconscious cousin.