Episode 2: Iron Rose

Rosa turned around and began to tiptoe away, hoping that Ximena wouldn't notice her.

"Who is this girl?" the college-aged young-woman asked, glancing at Rosa.

Rosa jumped as soon as she heard her ask. "I'm no one!" the girl said, laughing oddly.

Tetsu chuckled. "She's an odd one, alright," he whispered to himself.

Rosa leered at him. "I heard that!"

The green-haired young woman snickered. "Don't believe you've introduced me to her." She nudged him. "Ahh, don't tell me that Little Tetsu finally got a girlfriend?"

Rosa glanced up at the six-foot-seven-inch tall guy standing next to her. "Uh, little?"

"She's a childhood friend," Tetsu whispered as his face reddened. His golden eyes narrowed at the newcomer. "As for you, Xime, how many times have I told you not to call me 'Little Tetsu'? If you haven't noticed, I have long outgrown you."

The five-foot-nine woman chuckled as she walked past Rosa and him. "Anyway, I'm off to get lunch, wish to join me?"

Tetsu nodded. "Yeah! We were actually about to get some ourselves."

Xime grinned. "Alright then, then let's get going."

Rosa nodded as she rubbed her growling stomach. Yeah, or else I might faint.

***

The smell of cheese, bread, and meat filled the air around the cafe Ximena took her and Tetsu to. Rosa's hazel-eyes rose toward the transparent glass ceiling then shifted back down to the milky-white floor. She wanted to guess the flooring was marble, but its sheen differed from the kind she has seen.

"You sure do love to stare, don't you?" Tetsu asked with a snicker. "Go and sit down, then you can do it without blocking the entrance. In the meantime, I'm going to go and order."

Rosa's face flushed. She directed her eyes toward the nearest table. It and the others were chrome and made up of multiple rings.

"Is this a rotating table?" Rosa asked.

"Yeah," Ximena said as she took a seat at the table. She looks up at her with a mischievous look in her eyes. "So, you two never responded to my assumption. Are you Tetsu's girlfriend?"

Rosa blushed even more than before. She waved her hand. "No, no! He's simply serving as my tour guide. We barely met," the brunette young lady said as she moved the outer ring clockwise. "Why the interest?" A smug smile formed on her lips. "Don't tell me that you have a crush on him? Wahh, childhood romance!"

Ximena snickered and waved her hand dismissively. "You're off. Tetsu is simply a friend." The verdant-haired girl crossed her hands and pressed her chin against them. "Now, the one I'm interested in is his cousin." Her emerald eyes drooped down. "Sadly, that is but a hopeless romance."

"Ahhh, forbidden love!" Rosa squealed. "Let me guess. He already has a girlfriend?"

Ximena didn't remove her eyes from the table. "A fiancée to be exact."

Rosa's smile vanished. "Fiancée, huh? Is he a noble?"

"Sort of, he's..."

The screeching of metal against marble cut off her words. "I'm back," Tetsu said, taking a seat across from Rosalba. "Our meals should be here shortly."

"Thanks for ordering for us," Rosa said, bowing her head. "Promise I'll pay you back as soon as I can."

She had forgotten her purse in the limo. To make matters worse, it had her charger too. Her best hope was that Zafir or her chauffeur would notice and look for her. Preferably her chauffeur as she had told Zafir to care for the task given to him by her father.