Episode 71: Abyssia Vs. Zionia

After changing to their battle garments, Takuya walked out of the palace's wall to meet with his siblings. There they were greeted with a surprise. Walking up to them were their old friends whom they had promised to return to soon, yet failed to do. One of them ran up to Takuya and neighed happily.

"Precioso!" Takuya yelled. He put his arms around the neck of the black alicorn as soon as it descended in front of the palace.

"Thanks for coming, Unico," Kuroshi said as he stared at the old black unicorn. The unicorn turned to look at his wife, who was running toward her owner.

Anis jumped into the saddle of the white pegasus. The woman donned glistening silver armor, which reminded Takuya and his siblings of valkyries' tales, female psychopomps.

"Let's go, kids. Primera, take to the skies!" the woman said as she raised a glistening white spear toward the heavens. Her mount jumped into the air and was gone within the blink of an eye.

"Wait, we're gonna use them to fight?" Takuya asked as he looked back and forth between his alicorn and Kuroshi.

Kuroshi closed his eyes. "Yeah. Their father is a breed of unicorn used for war. Similarly, their mother is a war pegasus. So it's in their blood."

Tetsuya stared at his own alicorn. He recalled the days when Príncipe was a pony, he would often charge at him or some tree or rock to hit with his hooves. It was good training for little Tetsu himself as he learned to dodge fast attacks.

"So that's why you enjoy fighting," the knight said with a chuckle as he petted his friend. He jumped on its back and held a hand out to Rosa. "Get on, we're taking to the skies!"

Rosa's eyes expanded. "Huh? You want me to ride with you?"

The young man chuckled. "Yeah, why not?"

Rosa smiled and took his hand. She gasped as the alicorn neighed with joy. She had half expected it to run from her.

"See, you are a nice person," Tetsuya said with a grin. "Príncipe here wouldn't have allowed you to ride him with you weren't."

"It seems like it," the princess said as she put her hands around the knight's waist.

"A-Akari, want to go with me?" Takuya asked, averting his eyes.

Zafir narrowed his eyes at him. "What are you playing at?"

"Huh?" Takuya asked.

"Zafir, be professional," Akari said, looking back at him. She knew that now wasn't the time for them to bring up their relationship issues. She jumped on top of Precioso and wrapped her arms around Takuya's waist. Her eyes widened. "It's not throwing me off."

Zafir sighed. "Why would it? You aren't a mean person. Also, you are right, forgive me," he said, turning his back to her. He eyed Teresa, who held her hand toward him. He chuckled. "Are you trying to ask me to go with you?"

"Uh... maybe," she said. Her face was as crimson as a beet.

Zafir jogged over to her. "Honestly, I am not sure if it will let me fly it."

"Sure, she will. Right, Unidad?" she asked, rubbing between her alicorn's ears. The creature let out a happy neigh.

Zafir gave her a pencil-thin smile. "Alright, but if it throws me off, then I expect some treatment for the resulting wounds."

Teresa scoffed. "Don't be such a babe."

Zafir's smile widened. He jumped on. Teresa was right. Unidad hadn't dared to get him off.

Kuroshi watched as Tetsuya and Teresa flew on ahead with their crushes while Takuya and his remained. "Brings back memories, doesn't it?" he asked, turning toward his unicorn.