Episode 55: Ice versus Flames

Hideo and Reno were at each other's throats once again as both stood in an open expanse overlooked by some cliffs.

"Wanna go, you elitist brat?" Reno asked, pushing Hideo.

"Yeah, you sorry excuse for a noble!" Hideo yelled at his face. The air around the two grew warmer and warmer. One could start to see the heat rippling around them.

"Hey!" Kiara yelled, pushing the two away from one another. "Stop arguing! If you two want to lose that badly, then, by all means, continue."

Hideo and Reno pushed the other away.

"Tsk, I wish I could've joined Master Roa," Reno said, grumbling.

"Miss your man-crush, huh?" Hideo said, snickering.

Reno's face turned red. "I do not have a 'man-crush' on him!"

Hideo grinned. "Right, sure."

The red-haired boy turned his back to him. "Hmph. I'm going to go track down Tetsuya's group and take them on myself."

"Eh? You do recall that Tetsuya defeated me, right?" Suzuki asked, putting a hand on her hips. "Of course, with the help of others."

"Right, I had forgotten about that. Well, together, the two of us should be able to defeat them!" Reno said, puffing his chest out.

"So full of yourself," Kiara said as she shrugged and let out a sigh. "You are just like my big brother here."

Suzuki chuckled. "Indeed. The two share a lot in common." Her eyes peered toward the long yellow grass around them. "Perhaps if things had gone differently, these two would've gotten along as much as Tetsuya and Roa do with their cousins."

"That wouldn't happen!" the two said in unison as they bared their teeth to the other.

"Stop acting like a bunch of uncivilized apes," Kiara said, shaking her head at them. She took another deep breath. "Suzuki, let's go. If these boys don't do anything, then the two of us should."

The red-haired young woman nodded. "Agreed."

"Hmm, fancy meeting you here. I was sure that I would run into Rosalba or Tetsu's group first," a voice called out from on top of a large rock.

Hideo quickly transformed his necklace into its gun form and looked into the scope of the riffle. It was Kohri.

"Flaming Bullet!" the Gun-knight yelled. A ball of fire shot out of the barrel of the gun, flying at the older knight at incredible speeds. Though, Hideo found himself being pushed back by the force of his own weapon.

"Hey, learn to hold that better," Reno said, holding his cousin's shoulders.

"Let go of me! I can handle this by myself!" Hideo shouted.

Reno unhanded him and jumped into the air. A sphere of flame exploded overhead. Water rained down on all four of them.

"What? He dodged my bullet?" Hideo said. He looked up at the air as the Seven Hill knight flew overhead.

"I didn't dodge it, I flicked it away with my hammer," Kohri said, spinning the silver hammer in his hands. He grinned. "I wanted to face one of the other groups, but I guess this isn't too bad. It should teach you a lesson on how to get along with your teammates."

"Hmph, these two are only my teammates for this event!" Hideo yelled.

Kohri chuckled. "You don't have to tell me that. I'm on the same group as them, after all." He spun his hammer slightly, creating a cold gust of wind. "Sadly, for this, I am alone. No hard feelings, buds."