Episode 38: Clash of Knights

Eiji watched as Eiichi flashed around the field. Like his previous match, his opponent couldn't keep up with the incredible speed. Hideo was forced to create a barrier of wind to slow down and stop Eiichi's lightning strikes, but the blonde knight ripped through it with ease.

Hideo let out a cry as Eiichi slashed him with Carlos' tip. He was crying tears of frustration at his inability to stop the vicious onslaught. Indeed his pride had to be as hurt as Tetsuya's.

"First that peasant with the shield and now you, what a sad excuse for knights you two are! This is why one shouldn't depend on the low born for help!" Eiichi yelled, a slasher smile on his face as he slammed Hideo in the back of the head, sending the small boy flying. Before Hideo could fall, the blonde appeared in front of him and slammed him again. The cycle repeated until Eiji couldn't stand it anymore.

"Stop your son!" Eiji yelled at his wife.

Eiko gave him a smirk. "Why should I? He has yet to finish off his opponent," the silver armored knight asked as she flipped her hair. "Plus, can't you see that he's putting those peasants in their place?"

Eiji sighed and held a hand out. Lightning suddenly sent Eiichi flying back. The blonde glanced up at his father, his eyes filled with anger.

"Again?" the Spear Knight snapped.

The Seven-Hill didn't respond to him. He knew that doing so would be useless. No matter how much he scolded him, his eldest child always did what he wanted. It didn't help that Eiko enabled him, but even when she wasn't there, their son still had to have his way. He always had to stop Eiichi by force from going too far. It haunted him to think that Eiichi could end up like him, to repeat the same mistakes which helped create Zaki's rebellion. Yet that same grin on Eiichi's face was so reminiscent to his during the war...

He watched as Hideo was carried away by some members of the one-hundred who had decided to help out. They were primary medics before soldiers.

Eiichi meanwhile stood in the center of the sandy battlefield with a triumphant gaze directed at Hyosetsu. "Come, please give me a challenge, uncrowned duke," the blonde said as the icy eyed knight stepped down.

"Call me that again, and I'll leave you in a worse state than you left your first two opponents," Hyosetsu said in a cold tone. The raven-haired knight grinned as he reached for the hilt of his sword, waiting on their cue to start.

"Begin!" Kuroshi yelled, waving his flag.

Hyosetsu drew his sword, but before he could completely do so, Eiichi raced past him several times. Yet, the raven-haired youth continued as if nothing and pulled out Baldo from its sheath.

"Your inability to fight seriously will be your downfall here!" Hyosetsu said as the temperature around him dropped to below freezing. Frost encased the white sand around him, spreading farther and farther until it covered the entire area of the former battlefield.

A grin crossed the duke's face as he saw Eiichi try to sneak up from behind. It had taken a while, but he was starting to slow down.

"You've wasted unnecessary energy," Hyosetsu said, blocking Carlos with Baldo as he spun around. "Your movements have slowed. I noticed during your brief battle with Hideo that you have slowed down. That peasant knight's attack did more damage than you wish to let on, did it not?"

Eiichi stepped back and spun Carlos. Blue, red, and yellow sparks crackled around him even as the ice started to crawl up his legs. "What?"

"You should be wise to not step in my domain," Hyosetsu said, a smirk on his face. He raised his left hand and unleashed a chilling wave of air on the Spear Knight. Eiichi, however, guarded with a golden barrier. The ice rapidly encased the barrier, and the temperature around the blonde knight continued to drop.