Episode 69: Legends

['Present']

"Yuko," Tetsuya whispered, and he began to stir in his seat.

"Tetsuya! Brother," Takuya said, calling from the seat behind him. "We're gettin' off now. This is as far as the train goes. "

Tetsuya's opened his golden eyes and saw that they had arrived at a train station in a tiny town surrounded by nothing but snow and mist. After a day of near non-stop travel, they had finally arrived in Kuroyuki no San's lands. Though it would've been better if they could teleport. He still couldn't figure out why Kuroshi wanted them to travel there the traditional way. Was it some kind of training?

Kuroshi... he was the man he saw in his dream, or whatever that was. What he saw only raised his concerns about Yuko and Nori and why those kids were participating in the war. Was there some truth to his dream?

"Hey, you still half asleep?" he called out as he glanced back at him from the aisle.

He shook his head to get rid of his daze.

"Need help?" Rosalba asked, offering him a hand as she stood in the aisle.

Smiling, he accepted her hand and pulled himself up. "Th... thanks."

"Is something the matter?" she asked, tilting her head.

He rubbed his forehead with his free hand.

That dream... Why did I dream of meeting Yuko? And that cage she and Nori were thrown into...

"Uh, hello. I asked a question." The princess crossed her arms over her chest as her brow furrowed. "Your lack of a straight answer is concerning..."

"Sorry," he said, lowering his head. "I didn't mean to worry you."

The princess put her hands on her hips and stared him down. "It's not about me. It's what's bothering you."

Touching his head again, he walked out of the train with her. Quickly they were met by a cold wind as soon as they stepped out of the train station. The various houses were red-roofed wooden houses, which he found strange. There were no forests in sight to provide the necessary lumber.

"I had a dream that Yuko was calling out for help," he finally responded, lowering his eyes toward the cobblestone roads, which made up the town's transportation network. Walking out of the station was like stepping into another place in time, but one closer to his own rural home.

Rosalba tilted her head again. "That's strange. Wonder if it was a telepathic dream."

"It was a dream about the past, though. To be honest, it felt like a memory. Are such dreams possible?" Tetsuya said, returning his attention back to her.

The princess ran ahead of him and chuckled. "Yeah, of course, they are!" She lowered her eyes. A light luminescent glow covered the top of her beige cheeks. "I used to have several." Her hands swung behind her back. Her amber eyes gazed at the cerulean sky. "I actually met you in a dream once, which perhaps was a memory."

Tetsu gasped. "A memory? You think we met before?"

She giggled. "Yes. To be honest, that was kind of why I took such a quick liking to you."

He put a hand over his no longer cold face. "R-really?" He wasn't even sure why he was acting all surprised considering he had dreamed of her before too, the girl with the bear-wolf plushie.

The princess laughed. "No reason to be so skeptical. Though I don't blame you. Most don't take what I see in my dreams to heart," she said, letting out a slight sigh. She took long strides as they walked toward the center of town where a small fountain stood. She stopped and continued to gaze at the sky.

"Is something wrong?" Tetsuya asked as he caught up to her.