Episode 51: Childhood Days

[While Teresa and Nico were jogging- Imperial Palace]

Roa moved back and forth in his a bed, groaning as if in pain.

"Dine," Roa mumbled in his sleep. He opened his golden eyes and found himself in the guest room Rosa had provided for him. He had his hand stretched out as if reaching for someone.

Wait. What was that? Why did I dream of Dine after so long?

He glanced out of the window and rubbed his eyes. The sun was already rising. "What time is it?" he spoke to himself as he stood up. He staggered toward the window and sighed.

He closed his eyes. "Dine..."

***

[Years Ago, Abyssia]

"Hey!" a black spherical creature called out. It was glancing up at the black-haired boy riding on its head.

"What?" the raven-haired ten-year-old said, smiling as they ventured around the black metallic city.

"Are you planning to go to the festival tomorrow?"

"Huh?" Yeah!" the boy said, grinning. "Wanna come?"

"Me? B... but I'm only a blob," the creature said, lowering its reddish-gold eyes.

The boy hugged it tightly. "Maybe, but you're my blob!"

"Master Roa..." the thing said as it became warmer.

Roa pouted. "Told ya not to call me that. Roa is fine." He leaned his chin against its body and chuckled. "Why are you warm all of a sudden?"

"Your words," the blob said, looking away.

The boy's face warmed up. "I didn't mean it like that..."

"Y-you didn't?"

Roa averted his gaze. "Well... Uh..."

The creature jumped into the air.

"Wahhh!" Roa said as he held on tightly. "Are ya mad at me?"

"No," the thing said, laughing at the boy's reaction as it jumped around the stone path into an older section of town. Several folks were busily putting up ropes strung with crystals while others prepared stands.

"Woah, so pretty!" Roa yelled as they descended. His eyes sparkled at the sight of the crystals lighting up. It was the only light in the otherwise dark realm. Light for them was a rarity. Apart from rare bioluminescent mosses, it only manifested from crystals. The ones strung on the rope were one kind, while from the crystals within them was another. Though, no one could see the latter's light unless if they expose their hearts.

"Aren't they?" a white-haired man said as he emerged from behind one of the stands. He held out a hand out toward them. A smile dotted his face. "Sure brings back memories of the uppermost world."

"Ya mean Zionia?" Roa said, tilting his head.

The man smiled as he lowered his hand. "Yeah, my homeland."

Roa got off of his blob friend. "Think I'll be able to go to Zionia?"

"Yeah! Though we first need to wait for one of the gates to open up. Though, I could try to force one open," he mumbled as he looked away. "Though I think my dad would have my head if I tried that without the permission of the Rulers."

Roa chuckled. "Yeah, grandpa can be rather scary when mad! And I'm pretty sure the Rulers would also be."

"Shhh, or he might hear you," the man said, cupping the boy's mouth. The two of them chuckled.