Episode 78: Fun-house

Principe landed on a platform made out of what appeared to be red jasper. Beyond the platform were several large moving gears. To Tetsuya, it looked like what one would expect to see in a video game.

He jumped off his alicorn and stared at the spaces between the gears. Some had eight feet of space between them. He couldn't possibly ride Principe through the room. He would get his wings clipped. Even he couldn't fly through them, he would need to jump across the gears to get to the other side.

"Hey, if it isn't the peasant!" a voice called out.

Tetsuya's stepped back as he saw golden armor. It was just his luck. He couldn't believe he had run into him of all people.

The knight of the spear landed on an unmoving part of the machinery of the room. His crimson eyes were on Rosalba.

"Wait, why are you still up, but she's fainted?" A smile crossed his face. "Ahh, let me guess, you failed to protect her. Hmph, poor princess, tagging along with such a pathetic excuse for a knight as yourself."

Tetsuya petted his alicorn, who was starting to neigh angrily at Eiichi's presence. "Calm down, boy. It's fine. I can deal with this guy."

"Deal with me?" Eiichi asked, tilting his head to the side. A wild grin appeared on his face as sparks crackled on the tip of his spear. "You wanna go again? I can certainly oblige."

"Seriously, Rosa and I just got done dealing with a jerk fox. I do not need to deal with another jerk!" Tetsuya grumbled.

"Fox? So you fought the kitsune who was fighting Zafir when we returned to the Imperial Palace? Tsk. I was hoping to fight that guy. Thus far, all of the creatures here have been wimps. It appears that the King and my old man overreacted."

"Where are the king and the others?" Tetsuya said, crossing his arms over his chest.

Eiichi looked over his shoulder. Scratching his face, he snickered. "Uh, I kinda went on ahead of them."

Tetsuya grinned impishly. The guy had to have gotten lost. "Oh, I bet you did and lost your way as a result. Not that you ever had the right path as a knight."

"What was that you low born?" Eiichi growled as sparks flew from Carlos.

Tetsuya shrugged. "You're deaf or something? I said that you have never been on the right path as a knight either!"

Eiichi turned his back to him. "Tsk. I got no time to fight you, but if I did, then I would pummel you to the ground once again. Honestly, you should've learned your damn place after that."

The shield knight rolled his eyes. He wasn't going to allow one loss to get to him. He chuckled to himself. Though wasn't that what he had been doing all along? But with the way that he had obtained his victories. He had allowed his over-reliance on Rosalba to impact him.

"Hey, jerk-ass! After we've returned to the capital, how about a rematch?" Tetsu yelled.

Eiichi snickered as he swung the pole of his spear behind his neck. "Alright, if you wish for pain, then I'll give you pain."

Tetsu put a hand on his hip. "I might not be at your level yet, but I am confident that I'll be able to put up at least a more decent match than our first."

Eiichi raised his head toward the twirling bronze gears. "You know, I both like and hate people such as you. You are a low born who should already be accustomed to your place in the hierarchy given your age. Though rather than accept it, you still hold the belief that you can rise above your station in life. While it is irritating, seeing you do so, it is also amusing. At the end of the day, I'm one who loves a challenge."