Episode 47: Dark Plot

[Hours later- Angelic Dome: Serrano's personal room]

Serrano blocked Setsuko's Alma only for the diamond-like sphere to bounce and wrap around Aventine as if it were the tail of a dragon. The silver-eyed knight grunted as he felt Alma's weight push down on his sword. To him, the thing weighed tons. He figured it had to have unique properties to allow only Setsuko to lift it. Or his fiancee was just that much physically stronger than him.

"Got you now!" Setsuko said, grinning. Her clothes had several tears and were covered in blood as well as sweat.

The Seven-Hill grinned as purple sparks crackled around him. He let go of Aventine and slammed the ground, causing a ten-foot wave of rocks to manifest from the ground and head toward the princess.

Setsuko raised a hand as she took Aventine into her hands, where it reverted back into its crystal form. The wave passed her and slammed against the wall behind her, sending rocks flying in all directions.

Serrano sighed. "You're getting better at resisting my moves."

She gave him a smile. "Right back at you! This win is mine, though!"

Serrano raised his right hand, teleporting Aventine back into his hands. "Come at me with all you got, Princess! I can take it!"

Setsuko's apricot wings expanded as orange sparks crackled around her. Alma spun and spun in her hands, causing the air to crackle with energy. "You better because here comes the finisher! Imperial Meteor!"

Serrano closed his eyes and grinned, covering his sword in a blue aura. Setsuko stared at him for a while before unleashing her weapon. The thing was coming fast, too fast for most to dodge. Even Eiichi would have had trouble escaping. But Serrano didn't avoid her meteor hammer. Instead, he had Aventine meet the meteor hammer straight on.

The collision sent the two angels flying into the walls of the room. The floating domes were reduced to dust, and cracks appeared on the walls. The two warriors hit the ground with a thud once the force of their attacks subsided.

Setsuko stood up and turned the dust around her into spears as she walked forward as if nothing had happened.

"Hey, aren't you tired?" Serrano asked as he cleared the dust away from his side.

The first princess raised a finger to her lips. "Tired? Me? Not at all. But if you are, then just give up," she said, shrugging.

Serrano pointed his sword as she came closer. The blast had blown away the sleeves of the blue shirt he was wearing. Dark blood trickled down his arms until it reached the hilt of his sword. He winced and lowered the blade.

"Fine, you win," he grumbled. "But next time, I'll defeat you!"

The princess jumped into the air. "Hahaha! That makes how many wins for me?"

The knight turned away as the door of his room reappeared. "You're only winning by one victory... Next time it'll be even again..."

She grinned smugly as she turned away and pulled off her shirt. "Sore loser."

Serrano stopped and turned back around. "I'm not a... Hey! What are you doing?"

The princess looked over her shoulder and gave him a dry laugh. "What? I'm taking off my shirt. It's drenched in sweat and blood. Besides, I'm wearing a sports bra, not to mention we are engaged. So it's alright to see me like this."

The blue-haired knight sighed as he too removed his shirt. "True, but even then, you can afford some modesty."

Setsuko rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Modesty. Look at you, removing your shirt in front of a shirtless girl. What would people think if they saw us."