Episode 14: Snowy Night Sky

Rosalba glanced at the sky once more as they all followed Miyuki by air toward the east gate of the city. She couldn't help but wonder how Tetsuya's training was coming along. She had called Serrano to ask a few days prior but hadn't heard from him since.

"You okay?" Roa asked, watching her curiously.

She lowered her head. "Yeah. I was simply thinking of someone. I wonder if he has improved at all during these past few days."

"Your boyfriend?"

Rosalba's averted her gaze and quickened her pace. "Like I would date that jerk!"

Lady Miyuki snickered as she glanced back. "You are a lot like Sofia."

The princess gasped. "Mom said that about Dad?"

Roa smirked. "Comparing the guy to your dad, huh?" he sneered.

Rosalba blushed. "S-shut up! Who asked you?"

The black-robed teen chuckled.

***

"Lady Rosalba!" a voice called out as soon as they returned to Shirayuki castle. A cyan-eyed young man dressed in a white tuxedo waved at them from in front of the elegantly carved lapis lazuli gates. "Where did you rush off to?"

Rosalba yawned for a moment before finally replying, "Sorry for worrying you, Zafir. While I do appreciate the concern, I do believe that it'll be best to take it easy. You are a prince yourself, after all. Not my knight."

"Zafir?" Hyosetsu said, clenching the silver hilt of his sword. "As in the member of the Seven Seas? One of the strongest knights in all of Mizu no Kin? Not to mention the clan heir?"

Zafir nodded proudly and chuckled. "Did you forget me? I guess it has been years since we last met, cousin. Yes, I am that Zafir. I take it that you're the birthday boy, Hyo?"

Hyosetsu drew his sword out of the sheath by an inch. "For a guy who moments ago was worried about the condition of a foreign princess as if he were her nanny, you sure do speak with a high and mighty tone."

Zafir crossed his arms over his chest and flicked one finger toward the older duke, sending Hyosetsu flying back into Shirayuki wall. "And you sir have little respect for those above you."

"Brother!" Kohri yelled, rushing to his aid.

Etsuo sighed. "I just finished healing that guy a while ago..."

"Told you not to bother," Roa said, shaking his head.

"Hey, how would I have known this was going to happen?"

"Zafir!" Rosa said, glaring at the crowned prince of Mizu no Kin. She stomped over to him and poked his chest with her right index finger. "Be nice! You should also be more concerned about your girlfriend. Didn't you say that you were going to propose to her?"

Zafir's face turned bright red. Averting his ocean blue eyes, he said, "Did I truly say that? I don't recall."

The second princess of Kuroriku sighed. "I feel sorry for Akari. Come on, man up and propose, or else she might end up thinking you aren't serious one of these days."

The Mizu no Kinian prince sighed. "You're right... but."

Rosa put an arm around his shoulder. "Let's go inside. We need a serious chat."

Zafir nodded as the two of them walked inside. "Alright."

"Argh, that prince will pay for this," Hyosetsu said as he stomped over to the castle gate, blue energy radiating from his sword.