Xenologue- Fans of the other Knights

Solar Note: This was originally a part of the prologue (This part housed the entire prologue, hence all the reads and comments), but since having 5 povs all at once confused/overwhelmed some, I decided to remove three of the groups of children wishing to learn about the story of the knights. This part is still canon, though ^^

-He who wishes to learn about the past-

[Western Province]

"Hey, Mom!" I say as I remove a towel from my forehead. I've been sick for several days now. For once, I am actually starting to miss school...

A blond woman in a turquoise satin dress suddenly runs into the room. "Is something wrong, Aerkain? Do you need a fresh towel?" she asked, a look of anguish on her face.

I shake my head. "No, but I do feel bored. Can you turn on the television or at least read me a story?"

She crosses her arms over her chest and smiles. "Seems you're feeling better now if you can talk like that, Mr. bossy pants."

"Sorry, Mom. It's just, I'm tired of sitting here all week without being able to do anything."

She places a hand over my forehead and frowns. "Seems that it's still warmer than it should be. You should rest a bit more."

"But, Mom!" I cry.

She lets out a sigh of defeat. "Okay. I'll tell you a story, though I'm nowhere near as good at story-telling as your Pa." She walked over to the bookshelf beside my bed and squats to look at the various books. "Now, what would you like me to read?" Her face beams as she sees a thin blue book. "How about the Cho-cho that could? You used to love that one when you were a kid."

I puff my cheeks. "Yeah, when I was a kid!"

She puts a hand on her hips and laughed. "You still are one."

I grumble. "But not a little one anymore."

"So, what do you wish to read then?"

"Can you tell me the story of my grandpa?" I ask with a grin.

She raises an index finger toward her face.  "Your grandfather? Well, he was a rather egoistical guy before meeting my mom. Honestly, I don't think his old-self is one you should look up to."

"True, but from hearing the past; I can learn about what he did wrong and thus avoid making the same mistakes he made. Can't I?" I grin. "Well, at least that's what Pa always says history in general."

She took a deep breath. "Alright, kid. You win. But promise me that you'll rest after this. Deal?"

I smile and nod. "Deal!"

She ruffles my blond hair and chuckles. "You really are a plucky one, aren't you?"

I giggle. "Of course, I do take after you too, Ma!"

Mommy snickers as she sits down on my bed. "Seems like it..." She lowered her blue eyes. "Maybe, from hearing this story, you'll also avoid some of the mistakes I made."

I pat her arm. "Then let's start."

She nods her head. "Alright. This is a long story, so hope you're feeling healthy enough to hear it."

"Don't worry, I am! Plus, I doubt you'll finish it in a day."

She bobbles her head side to side. "True, but let's try to get as far as we can, hmm?"

"Yeah!"

***

-She who desires to know what is to come-