Episode 81: Sacred Stone

"Takon!" Kuroshi said, floating backward. He narrowed his eyes at the naked man. "I didn't expect you to awaken so soon."

The being of the Abyss remained silent for a while. Finally, he said, "What are you planning, child? Weren't you on our side?"

Kuroshi snickered. "Your side, Osamu's side." He snapped his fingers. "I'm not really on either side. You could say that I serve only myself!"

Eiji snickered. "Same here."

King Osamu rolled his eyes and said, "You two are awful."

Takon crossed his arms across his chest and floated backward. "That young man's darkness just now. It was similar to your own."

Kuroshi grinned behind his mask. "Your guess is correct."

"Then that child with the shield must also be..."

Kuroshi nodded as Anis joined her fellow Seven-Hill Knights and king."Yes. He's the youngest."

"You truly are one of them, aren't you?" Osamu asked, giving him a strange look. "Are you going to help me kill them or not?"

Shrugging, Kuroshi stepped back. "I'll let you test him out first while I take on Daisaru. Give it your all Osamu!"

He rolled his eyes. "Stop with the strange antics, Kuroshi."

Kuroshi sighed as he copied his action. "Yes. Yes."

Osamu removed the two rings, which he was fumbling with earlier. "Come to me guardians! Shield your master! Spear of annihilation: Shiva. Shield of Preservation: Vishnu." An amethyst railgun shaped sword with a long golden hilt manifested in his left hand. Meanwhile, his right was occupied by an orange and silver round shield with one-hundred-and-eight prongs. At the center of the shield was a barrel.

A grin dotted Kuroshi's face as he looked up at Daisaru, who looked down at Osamu with shock.

"Going with those two already?" Kuroshi asked.

"Did you not just call this guy 'Takon'? That's the name of one of the four Rulers you told me about. We have to go at it with everything we got if we hope to survive."

"Four rulers?" Miyuki asked, baffled. "Then, this guy is the leader of the Monkey King?"

Kuroshi nodded. "That is correct, but based on their conversation, this guy's currently in a state that makes him weaker than that monkey. Either way, now is the perfect time to eliminate the guy."

The masked man touched the blade of Aventine, covering the rusted-looking hilt in a silver aura.

"Roar, Aventine!" A raven-haired female angel appeared behind him.

The Seven-Hills except for Rosalba and Kohri called out their weapons' names too, summoning forth their guardian angels.

All five guardian angels spun around the Ruler and unleashed beams of darkness at the ruler.

Takon stopped the arrows with a single hand. "Like I told that child from earlier; Darkness doesn't affect me." He raised his hands into the air. "Now if you excuse me. I have a mission to complete."

Osamu raised a mountain from the formerly flat icy plain, blocking the guy's path. "Where do you think you're going? You still have us to deal with."

The man raised a hand and formed a dark sphere. "Move out of my way, mortal. I have no business with you." The sphere destroyed the newly created mountain, causing the region to tremble. But parts of the blast flew back at their creator, sending him falling back toward the Abyss. "What?"