4

I looked up at Lin. I saw the confused look in his eyes that soon went to understanding. He got up and went to my side of the table, brought me to my feet and pulled me into a hug. I silently cried into his chest. He rubbed the back of my head. I stopped crying after what seemed like forever of just being in a hug with Lin. "It's alright." He whispered. His voice soothed me. We went to the lobby where Lin had to do a bunch of paper work. I got my tangled headphones out of my pocket. I struggled to untangle them. When I was done with that I pulled them into my phone and put on Right Hand Man. To pass the time, I played around on flappy bird.

I was confused when everyone was looking at me when I was listening to music. I then realized I had my headphones on max so everyone could here. I quickly turned it down and pretended like that never happened.

After what seemed like hours. Lin was finally done, I finally had a family, someone to love, someone to love me. We had to drive to Chelsy's to grab my stuff.
I grabbed my suitcase and began to pack my clothes. Lin was looking around the place while I was packing. "Where is your foster mom?" Lin asked as he walked into my room. "She went to visiting her mom." I replied quickly. "She left you here?" He asked once again. "Uh yeah?" I questioned why he cared so much. I haven't the feeling of being loved in a little, but I had myself.

"Trust me sweetheart, I won't do that to you." He spoke softly. Every word he said made me love him even more. He's a amazing father, he's my father. I smiled as I continued packing. I packed my picture of mom and dad into my suitcase, hoping they wouldn't get crinkled. They were the last ones, since after mom died, dad couldn't stand looking at moms pictures.

I was all done packing. I out my bag in the back of Lins rented car. "U-uh is it okay if we stay here until Monday... I want to say good bye to my friends." I stuttered. "Well I was staying till Wednesday anyways." He replied. I couldn't bare thinking about leaving my friends. I've been friends with them for years! I have to choose between family or friends.

I didn't really have a choice now that I thought, he was now my dad. Should I call him dad? Or continue calling him Lin? He was more of a dad than my other. "So Maddie, I barely know you, tell me about yourself." Da-Lin, ugh I don't know what to call him. "I don't know what to say." I replied almost at a whisper. "Well what's your favourite colour?" He asked. "That's a pretty useless question." I replied. I shouldn't act sassy... "Ha, well then. Do you like music?" He asked once again. "You heard me listening to music, I'm pretty sure that explains it." I replied even sassy-er than last time. He laughed. I caused my idol to laugh. "Okay smarty pants, what kind of music do you listen to?" He said once again. That was a very awkward question since I only listen to him and sad music. "Everything.." I replied. It wasn't really a lie, I did listen to everything, that has Lin-Manuel Miranda in the title.

We arrived at the hotel he booked. There was only one bed. "I'll take the couch!" I yelled and hoped on the couch. It was surprising comfy for a hotel couch. "Do you really think I'll let my daughter sleep on the couch.". Daughter... I laughed. I wasn't let him sleep on the couch. "It's okay, when I have nightmares I always go to sleep on the couch anyways!" I hesitated.

"Well if you want you can sleep with me, I wouldn't mind, it feels better for someone to sleep next to you anyways." He replied. "I guess." I mumbled.

Damn 5 people are reading this, hello 5 people what's up?

I bet you guys are reading this at night