33

I found myself at the front of Lins building. Brooklyn beside me, still shocked from my story. I honestly can barley believe it at sometimes. She followed me into the building. Lin gave me a pair of keys. I opened the door to find Tobi, wagging her tail. Lin sat neatly at the island, looking at his phone. I saw brooklyn's eyes widen as she stared at lin. Lin looked back at us and smiled. Brooklyn smiled wide back. She followed me to my room. "Wow, your room is nice!" She smiled as she jumped onto my bed. "I know right!" I laughed as well. "What do you have in your bag?" I asked. "Oh just my book, phone and some extra cash, also this knife." She said calmly as she pulled out a blade. "My foster mom might hate me, but she would kill me if I got robbed, so I carry around a knife." She spoke calming and put the blade back into her bag.

"Did you report her yet?" I asked, referring to her foster mother. "N-no, I'm too nervous, also the walk is very long.." She replied quietly. "I know I seem weird, but your foster is worse than mine... I read all of these books online about abuse in foster homes, it sounds terrible-" "it is." She cut me off. "I live with three other girls, who get way more attention." She kept going. "They get the good food, good water and good tv, I'm only allowed to watch the news." I felt so bad. I want to keep her as long as possible. "It's okay, you can come here whenever." I spoke softly. "They also get to go to school." She muttered. Brooklyn reminds me of Olivia.. Wait Olivia! I haven't texted her in ages.. I wonder if she still likes me?

"Maddie, hello?" Brooklyn awoke me from my thoughts. "Oh sorry." I apologized. "Heh, it's alright." She giggled. "I can't believe I'm in Lins house." She spoke quietly. "The one and only." I giggled. "Is he as good as we all think?" She asked. "Even better." I replied. "Oh god.." She said. I laughed. "So.." Brooklyn said. "How's everything going?" Lin asked, stepping in. "Great!" Brooklyn replied quickly. I heard brooklyns phone ding. "Oh.. I gotta go home, cya." She said sadly. I said goodbye and watched her leave. I actually wanted to have a day with Lin.

I walked out of my room to see him sitting on the couch. I sat next to him. I hummed a tune that was obviously familiar to him. I started to sing it quietly, "What ever you need..." I sung. "Mama will provide!" Lin yelled, causing me to burst out laughing and almost falling off my chair. "Amazing." I joked as I clapped my hands. "I love that song." He said. "I wouldn't know it without you." I giggled. "Oh so you watched that video." He spoke, embarrassed. "It's okay, your lip syncing is amazing." I said, trying to cheer him up. He laughed.

I grabbed my laptop and played that video since it was hilarious

It's almost been a week since the last chapter, I've had writers block and I didn't want to right crap. If you want to give me ideas I'm wide open.