31

I passed out with the book in my hand.

I woke up to find Tobi scratching at the door. She must need to go pee. I put my hair in a quick bun and I put on my jacket. I saw her leash somewhere. Ah yes, near the door. I grabbed a sticky note and wrote 'taking Tobi for a walk, I won't be that long.' And stuck it to the table. I checked the time, 7:26 am. I put on tobi's leash. I went down the stairs and headed outside. It was slightly cold this morning. I streets were busy but I got over it quickly.

I made sure I didn't take random turns, I didn't want to get lost. I went straight to find myself at a dog park, perfect. Tobi and I walked in. Nobody was around, except for one girl, about the same age as me. I questioned why she wasn't in school. I kept walking were Tobi wandered. I was looking down, following the dog. Without know where I was going, I ended up face to face with the girl. Tobi went up to her dog. "S-sorry." I said quickly and pulled Tobi away. "It's alright." She replied with a smile. She seems nice. "Why are you not in school?" She asked. "Why are you not in school?" I asked back. "Hey, I asked you first." She laughed. "Well, I've been recently adopted, I'm not starting school till next school year." I answered honestly. "Lucky.." She said, almost in a whisper.

"Oh, that probably doesn't make sense, I'm in a foster home." She said again. "Oh I get it now." I giggled. "I was in a foster home." I replied. "Was yours mean?" She asked. "Yeah.. Is yours?" I asked. "Kinda..." She whispered. I looked her up and down, I saw a bruise on her cheek. "Report them." I said, almost lifelessly. "W-what?" She responded. "I'm not blind, I see that bruise.." I spoke. She touched it lightly. "Brooklyn." She said as she put out her hand. "Maddie." I shook her hand. "I don't know if you have a phone but, can I give you my number?" She asked. "Of course." I replied.

She gave me her number on a sticky note. I went home since Tobi was getting cold. I went back to see no sign of anyone awake. I took the sticky note off the table. I instantly went to my phone and texted Brooklyn, I know it seems weird but I know as a foster kid, you have nothing better to do.

Madison:
Hey! It's Maddie

Brooklyn:
Oh hey, I just got back.

Madison:
Same.

Brooklyn:
Hey.. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today, but not at my house.. 'Mother' will get mad.

Madison:
Sure, I'll just ask my parents.

Brooklyn:
Text me if they yes or no.

I have to wait for them to get up. Well I guess mission ' get a friend ' is over. I'll finally have someone to hang out with until school.

Heh, mission get a friend

Hey.. Still grounded, I just stole my iPad back. It's almost bed time for my parents so I'll have all night to write. Remember, every 10 chapters, you will get a extra long one :3