49

Before I knew it, I was unconscious. I felt being put into a stretcher and being rolled through the hospital. I tried to say that I was fine, like I usually said when I was sick, but no words came through. I was, kind of awake, I felt most things and heard almost everything, I just couldn't open my eyes. My chest felt if someone was sitting on me.

It felt like just a few seconds later, I was awake. My eyes opened and I was clearly in a hospital room. My eyes were half open, so everything seemed blurry. I saw a figure that resembled Lin. My eyes opened, I could see more detail. Lin was clearly in distress, his hand over his forehead, staring at the ground. I wanted to speak, but my eyes shut again, I knew nothing was happening, I just felt tired. I heard the machine beep when my heart beeped. "I'm fine." I said under my breath. Even though my eyes were closed, I felt Lin look up at me. "I'm fine.." I said once again, slightly louder.

"I am f-fine, right Lin." I spoke as I faced the left side of the hospital room. Lin got up and pulled a chair up next to the bed. "Oh Maddie..." He spoke as he put his hand on my forehead. "They don't know what this is.." He said again. My brain could barely comprehend what he said. "W-when can I leave?" I stuttered. "Soon.. I hope." My eyes closed. I wanted to be fine, but I guess I can't get everything.

I heard a doctor come through the door. "Maddie is going to need some more testing done, is she awake?" He asked. I opened my eyes slightly and nodded. "Ok, do you think you can walk yet?" He asked. I shook my head after I tried to move my leg. He nodded and left, I assume to get something to transport me. "They don't have free health care here.." I muttered. I heard Lin laugh a little. I heard the doctor come in with something, I didn't want to open my eyes. Two people lifted me onto it and rolled me out. "I'm sorry sir, you're going to have to stay in here." The doctor spoke. I assume he was talking about Lin.

They did a lot. They put me through a tube thing... I'm 11, I shouldn't know the name. They took my blood, they took a lot of blood. They put a mask over my face. I didn't breath, I didn't want to be asleep, but I had to breath or else I would pass out. I didn't want this to happen, I just want to go home, with Lin and Vanessa, for just once in my life I want to be a normal kid.

I want to do normal things, like go on road trips, watch movies all night, go to school and everyone not treating me weirdly. If anything, I just want to go back to when mom and dad were alive, were I didn't even know who Lin was, back to when I was just a innocent child, not knowing what was ahead of me.

This book almost had 4K, that's too many. Leave my poor book alone, it's about my depressing life, what's so interesting about?