52

I awoke, the sun burning my eyes from the window. I turned off my alarm and rubbed my head. I may have not gotten a lot of sleep, but I feel inspired. I started off the day by watching the people of new city walk around, some arguing, some agreeing. So many different emotions, all in one area, it's odd to think about. I heard Lin shuffling around in the kitchen, grunting a little. My eyes felt heavy, might be because of my lack of sleep. I went to the corner of my drawer and took out 1 pill. I took it dry, my mouth feeling gross. Two times a day, everyday. I finally found what my inspiration wanted, to write a song.

I sat near the window, journal in one hand, pen in the other. My inspiration is screaming, but I don't know what it wants to write. It's like a child, it cries for something it can not explain. I closed the notebook and sighed as I looked out the window. I opened it and stuck my head out, the cold air hitting my face. The muffled sounds of people and cars became clear. My head wanted to sing, but my mouth doesn't do that correctly. I remember, back when, before Hamilton, I guess I'll call it 2016 BH, I only listened to Joji, more commonly known as filthyFrank. He may seem like a bad person, but his music is gold, so much emotion. The sound of Thom's rhythm played in my head, just causing my inspiration to burn with anger to not be transmitted into something.

I haven't realized that my mouth was lip syncing a song, it was playing in my head. I heard Lin make a sound, but the music that played in my head was louder. Lin wasn't what I expected as a person, but he's a celebratory, he has to keep secretive about certain things. The word 'Celebrity' ringed in my head, one thought made me feel gross, 'what if you turn into a little celebrity, only known as Lin's kid, nothing else. Nothing else'. I wanted to make music, not be known as a celebratory's kid. My story was set straight before this, just this little kid, left alone, then became interested in music, and created such beautiful music. "Penny for your thoughts?" Lin said, causing me to jump. "Just thinking about unimportant things." I lied, this was important. "You've been quiet, i was a little worried..." He replied quietly. "Don't be, I've been alone for a long time, I'm used to it." I spoke, looking at the sun rise. "Well that's the thing Maddie, I don't want you to be alone, you have been alone for a year." He said, making my spine go straight. "I wasn't alone." I gritted my teeth. "I had my friends." A anger burned inside of me. "T-that's not what I meant." Lin said, clearly unclear about my emotions. "What did you mean then." I grunted, almost angry at this man who saved me and just wants to help. "I just want to help." He replied quietly, he left.

The emotions cakes slowly, but they hit hard. "L-Lin, I'm sorry, I'm not in the best of moods, I was just thinking about not the brightest thing." I stuttered, emotions getting in the way of my words. "Well, just to help me, what were your thoughts." He asked once more. I can tell him, he wants to help Maddie, he's your dad. "I was just thinking..." I trailed off. "Maddie, you can tell me." He slipped me back into reality. "I was thinking, if I'm your daughter, I'll be labeled.." I said. Lin was confused, I could tell. I'll brake it down, I'm a confusing person. "I'll be labeled as your daughter, if I ever want to, I dunno, make music, the headlines would be 'Breaking News, Lins daughter has now created a new album.' " I made jazz hands to go along with the headlines. Lin's face turned sad quickly. "You're pretty deep for a 11 year old, aren't you.." Hhis frown spoke. "I had to raise myself for a year, i have some experience with being deep." I looked at the ground. "I thought you had friends thought?" He questioned. "Friends don't raise you, they teach you." I spoke again. Lin nodded.

Ho damn, I got my depressing music back, it helps me write, that took me a while to realize.