38

I don't know how I got here, but I was in a field. It had many hills. It had the most beautiful view of New York. I climbed to the top of the highest hill. As I sat down, I felt my chest clear up, my eyes settle and my breathing turn to a normal pace. My legs felt free. I laid down, facing the blue sky. I was finally at peace.

The thought of me being lost faded. My brain shut down. Right now was right now, no need to think about what's going to happen. What's going to be my consequence. I got up. When I walked, I didn't feel like I was walking. I felt as I was following my feet. They lead me in front of a tree. My brain didn't lead me here, my instincts did. I looked up to see a note on the tree. It looked like it been through a lot, but it was all in one piece. It was nicely attached to the tree with a nail. It read:

Lin, if you're reading this, then I have to say a few things:
I currently only have a month to live. I will never forget you, I swear. And, this is the most important thing, I will give away my necklace to my niece, Maddie, if she is ever in need of help, find her. She is like you, she doesn't know that you are her father, but she will love you. The reason why I left this here instead of telling you, I know you Lin, you love adventure, and I want you to remember me by this, not my death.

-Muriel

I didn't have control of my body. My feet started walking by themselves. The sun glared in my eyes. My feet lead me to a hill, that made me look over a entire field. I have no idea what it was, it was sort of like a vision. I saw Lin and Muriel, looking as happy as they ever could. Running through the field, trampling the grass. I heard Muriel's familiar giggle, I saw Lin's smile, that's been plastered in my mind every since I saw it. They faded into nothing as they ran.

I suddenly got the same feeling, chest tightening, eyes feeling like they need to be shut. I shut them tightly since i wasn't in public. I really don't like this feeling. One memory shot up in my brain with no reason.

"Maddie, before I go, I want you to have this necklace. Wear it when you've found something that would give you infinite happiness. That's what happened when it was given to me."

Lin didn't give me infinite happiness. But, for some strange reason, I can't stop thinking about him. His signature smile, his brown eyes that you could get lost in. He was to much like me for me to hate him. I have the same brown eyes, same 'signature smile'. I couldn't hate him. You can't hate family. I finally had control of my body. I went back to the tree. I had to show that note to Lin. I assume he hasn't saw it, he's been busy, that's why he couldn't visit Muriel in the hospital. I gently placed it in the first page of my journal. I let my feet lead the way.

Than can spot home from miles away.

I think I need writers block again, I'm writing to fast, to many ideas. To many spelling mistakes.