7

Still Lins POV

I watched all of her 'Practice' videos, being amazed at every single one. She sang some of my favourites. Her voice could go from intense to beautifully calm. This just made me want to meet her even more. I've never felt this way about a person, like I had to do something to help them. I just wanted to meet her. See her smiling face, hear her soothing voice.

I passed the time by listening to her cover of a song on replay while I went on Twitter. Vanessa went to work so I was all alone. I didn't realize that I was singing along with Maddie. I shut up and went silent.

-big ol' time skip to next morning because I forgot time skips were a thing-

I woke up early so I could get ready. It was going to a long flight. I packed the night before so I was basically ready. I changed into new clothes and drove to the airport, impatiently tapping my finger on my steering wheel.

When I finally arrived to my destination I rented a car and booked a hotel quick. I just chose a random one. I threw my suitcase on the ground and walked back out. It was colder here than New York. I went to the only orphanage there and rushed in.

"Hello, sir." The lady at the counter greeted me. I smiled. "Uh I was just looking to adopt a kid, b-but I've already picked one." I spoke quickly and impatiently. "Oh, and who is that?" She asked. "Maddie Roberto." I replied. "Oh that's amazing! We always wanted Maddie to get adopted." She said with a huge smile. Wow, she either is amazing or not, because if they say they wanted her adopted then that's usually the case. "I'll just call her foster mom." She said to me. "You can sit if you want." She finished. I sat and listened to her conversation. I tried to here the other person on the line but I was to far away.

"She'll be here soon, sir." She called. "While you're waiting I just need to ask somethings." She called once again. I walked over.

She just talked about all the normal things (that means I have no idea about orphanages and adopting because I'm retarded.). She lead me to a room where I had to wait. "So you kind of just talk in a room, it's mostly where they get to know the kid." She explained. "Thanks." I replied quietly. She smiled at me before leaving to go see if Maddie was here. I heard talking and a door shut. I all of a sudden got nervous. What is she wasn't what I expected.. What if she knows who I am and doesn't like me? I sighed trying to release some stress. "She's ready." The lady said in almost a whisper. I walked slowly into the room.

I saw her jaw drop and eyes widen. Well she defiantly knows who I am. "Hello!" I greeted as nicely as I could. She was everything I expected. She had my nose, eyes, mouth, she was adorable. She tried to get the strength to talk. "Hi! My name is Maddie!" She replied. She seemed stressed about this."So, I assume you know who I am, just by how you reacted." I replied. "Y-yeah.... Sorry." She apologized. "No need to say sorry." I said. She was definitely scared. I was too, I had to make good first impressions, especially after what I'm going to tell her.

"Well Maddie, I didn't just come in here, I have something to tell you.." I said, the sound of guilt in my voice. She raised her eyebrow. "Well, me and your mother, uh sort of.. Um how do I say this." I mumbled. "Just say it, I'm 11 I understand." She replied impatiently. "Well we got drunk and... We uh." I was way to awkward for this, by the look of it she under stood perfectly. I had the guiltiest face in the world. "Y-yeah." I stuttered. I was surprised that such a little kid could take this so, well easily. "H-how did you find me?" She asked."Well, I was close friends with your moms sister, Muriel." I answered. "She tried to hook us up but, I don't know." I mumbled. I felt guilty. I should of stayed with her, she was a good woman. "W-wow." She said. "And when I heard that basically your whole family passed. I couldn't just leave you. I had to do something." I tried to continue. "So you flew to Canada, took time out of your life just to come see me?" She spoke quietly. "Not just to see you, dear, but to adopt you." I corrected. A tear left her eye.

"I'll wake up from this dream soon..." She mumbled just loud enough for me to hear.

I was confused but then I understood. I got up and pulled her to her feet and hugged her. A hug could make anyone feel better. I could stand to see her cry. This is what being a father feels like.

She cried for a little then she was done. "I have to fill out some paper work so let go." I spoke to her lightly. I kissed her forehead and she followed me out.

Copy,pasteCopy,pasteCopy,pasteCopy,pasteCopy,pasteCopy,pasteCopy,pasteCopy,pasteCopy,pasteCopy,pasteCopy,paste,it has to be perfect,it has to be perfect,it has to be perfect,it has to be perfect,it has to be perfect,it has to be perfect,it has to be perfect,it has to be perfect,

That took forever