28

"W-what?" I stuttered. "Yeah.." She replied, breathless. "Our family's are pretty connected." I laughed. "But Maddie, I've held you when you were a baby.. I babysat you for Christ sakes!" She laughed as well. Lin came out to see what all the laughing was about. He smiled to see me and Vanessa talking. We both smiled back. "Suppers almost done." Vanessa said to Lin, still laughing a little. "Alright Hun." Lin came over to her. Tobi waddled over to Lin.

I helped set the table. Supper was steak, spinach and mashed potatoes (that's my fav meal btw). I was surprised to see Vanessa eat fast like me. Lin just ate slowly like he did. Me and Vanessa were half way done before Lin wasn't even a quarter done. Lin and Vanessa chatted about Chris and Vanessa. Lin was defiantly surprised. "Wow, you've seen my daughter before I even saw her." Lin spoke. I finished eating before them since I didn't talk, just ate. I put my plate,fork and knife into the dishwasher and sat back down until they finished. I heard my phone go off in my room. I got up quickly and answered. It was Jason, Von was there too. "Heyyy!" Jason yelled. "Ha, hey." I laughed. "How's your family doing?" Von asked. "Good." I giggled. "You guys better get used to the time difference, don't call me at 2:00 am." I laughed

We chatted for maybe 30 minutes. Jason and Von really miss me.. I have to get my mind off of them. Maybe on he weekend I'll try to make some friends. I went out after I hung up the phone. I saw Vanessa putting on her jacket and Lin did as well. "We're going to grocery store, you can come if you want." Vanessa spoke. "Uh, I'll stay here." I decided. I liked being home alone, it felt peaceful. Tobi tried to get out with them.

Once they went out the door, I grabbed my headphones and plugged them into my phone. I put them on and put on a random song. One thing I like to do is walk around while listening to music. It was really awkward when someone walked in on me doing it since they can hear it. I walked around the house, investigating sort of. I looked in drawers to just find mostly junk and kitchen supply's. Tobi followed me around for most of it.

I ended up searching the whole house and finding almost nothing interesting. What I found was a big note book. I wasn't sure if I should read it or not. It would be pretty rude to go through, but I'm curious to see what it's in it. In the corner it says 'Lin, 1998.' In the corner in fine print.

Maybe just a little bit