54

"Maddie, don't bring yourself down." Lin replied. I looked up and smiled. "Well, I was wondering if I could learn piano sometime today-" I interrupted myself "Unless you don't have time, then it's fine.." I finished. "Oh it fine, I have time." Lin smiled. There was one thing I knew, we had a piano in the theatre that Madeline would teach me after class every so often.

I followed Lin to the book room, I saw Lins journal on a chair, opened. I tried not to look at it, so it wouldn't be obvious that I wanted to read the page. I sat on chair while Lin was behind it. "Well, I know one thing.." I spoke before Lin could start. "G sharp, A sharp, C, D sharp D, C sharp, C, C sharp,G sharp, A sharp, C sharp..." I spoke quietly under my breath. "What song is that?" Lin asked. "Just a song I listen to.." I replied quietly, I was embarrassed about the songs I listen too. "Well, let's start from the bottom, you clearly know some stuff." Lin said. I nodded and he started to teach me the basics.

"You ready?" He asked. I nodded and started to play twinkle twinkle little star slowly. It didn't take long for me to pick up the pace and play it normally. "Good job!" He smiled. "Well, I've gotta go do... Something." I lied as I went to my room. Human interaction always felt like a job to me, no matter who. I looked out the window, grey clouds covered the blue sky, before I knew it, it was raining. The wind picked up, making howling sounds. Almost everybody had umbrellas that were walking. "The pitter patter gave a rather rinse and lather feeling. As opposed to shitty attitudes that make me bitter after laughter. I dearly regretted. I take the D train to go to BK, I can't defeat rain..." I sang. The rest was soft and light, what I just sang was just a verse. I decided to sing the rest, I loved the song.
"And as far as we go, and as far as we go and how little we know and how little we know. Searching for weekend love. Searching where the leaves don't fall. When the land is widow, fall to the ground."
The lyrics meant a lot, but I couldn't figure out what they meant.

I sat on my bed, my curtains closed so the whole room was dark. I loved sitting in the dark, hearing the sounds of rain makes me have a feeling that I can't even explain. I loved it never or less. I heard Thom playing from the kitchen, Lin was listening to it.

My cheeks burned red of embarrassment, I never liked anyone listening to the music that I listen to. The familiar music ringed in my ears. I closed my eyes, only seeing the darkness. I closed me eyes so hard that a tear fell from my eye. I opened my eyes to see that same darkness as my closed eyes. The song still played, If my brains straight, he's at the end. I couldn't help but sing along gently to the end. I loved music more than my life, well music is my life. I sang a lot when Chelsy left, sing my voice echoed a lot through the empty house. I wish I could have that back, but I don't get what I want all the time.

Music my friends, it shall be the topic for lots of chapters