"Do you think we should wake him up some point today?" Papa asked me as we watched Dad sleep peacefully in my bed.

"No, he was still awake at 5am" I informed him "Leave him"

"How do you know that?" He arched an eyebrow

"We had some, uh, father-son bonding time" I muttered

"At 5am?"

"Yes...?"

"Why wasn't I invited?" He grinned

"Sorry, Papa" I kissed him on the cheek "Are you hungry?"

"It should be me asking you that, not the other way around" He sighed "Do you want anything?"

"Papa, it's okay, I'll get something" I stood up

"No" He stood up and pushed me back down "I'm the adult"

"Papa, I don't want you to have a panic attack" I said gently

"I'll be fine!" He insisted

"But.... never mind" I sighed as he marched out of the room "Oh fuck!"

"Language" Dad mumbled

"You're awake?!"

"Uh huh" He sat and rubbed his eyes "I wish I wasn't, what's up?"

"Dad, uh, go back to sleep"

"Jake, what's going on?"

"Papa went to get some food and I'm worried about him" I blurted out "What do we do?"

"Is he in a mood?"

"Kinda"

"For Christ's sake" He sighed "I'll be back in a minute"

He jogged out of the room, running his hands through his rumpled curls. I flopped onto my unmade bed, fiddling with the sheets. Hospitals were SO boring. A sudden shouting perked my interest, it sounded suspiciously like Papa.

"I AM CAPABLE OF GETTING BREAKFAST! I'M A FULLY GROWN ADULT, BEN! STOP TREATING ME LIKE A CHILD! PUT ME DOWN! BEN! BEN! STOP IT! PUT ME DOWN!" The door opened and in walked Dad, tight-lipped, with Papa thrown over his shoulder.

"I treat you like a child because you act like one" He put Papa on the floor and shut the door "The only person in this family who is allowed to throw a temper tantrum when they don't get something they want is Jake"

"Dad, I'm too old to throw temper tantrums" I said

"You're a teenager" He said before turning back to Papa "Stop acting like a 5 year old"

"I'm not acting like a 5 year old! I WENT TO GET BREAKFAST! YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO COME AND MAKE A SCENE! I WAS FINE! IT'S ALL-" He was cut off as Dad surged forward and kissed him, for a very long time.It looked like they were super glued at the lips.

"Child in the room" I groaned, covering my eyes "Keep it PG"

"Actually, you're a teenager" Dad grinned once he broke away from Papa.

"I'm still mad" Papa huffed "Kisses don't make everything okay"

"Yes they do" Dad wrapped an arm around Papa and kissed his temple "I love you, you big baby"

"I'm not a baby! Why did you interrupt me?!"

"Princess" He sighed "I worry about you"

"Stop worrying, I'm 34. I can look after myself" He shrugged off Dad's shoulder