"Jake?" Gabrielle waved her hand in front of my face. I blinked, snapping out of my trance. "You still in there?"

"Yeah.... just got lost in your eyes" I blushed furiously at my own words, what a cringe!

"Cheesy" She commented "Do you have a plaster?" She leaned closer to me

"Why?" I asked, trying to ignore how fast my heart was beating. Her lips were almost touching mine. I could feel her warm breath against my skin.

"Because I think I just fell for you" She whispered, I swallowed thickly.

"And you call me cheesy?" She sighed and sat back "What? Did I do something wrong?"

"You were supposed to kiss me, Jake"

"Oh" My cheeks heated up even more "Well... I.... uh"

"You, what?"

"I'd like to do that" I admitted

"Then why don't you?"

Hesitantly, I leaned closer to her. Our foreheads were touching and her hands reached out to touch my chest. I put my hand to the nape of her neck and tentatively brought her lips to mine. It was a million times better than I had intended. Her lips were plump and sweet, moving in perfect sync with mine. I cupped her cheeks with my hands as hers moved to curl in my hair. Softly, I stroked her cheek with my thumb as I ran my tongue along her bottom lip. I wasn't necessarily asking for permission, I just needed to taste more. Nonetheless, she parted her lips ever so slightly and delicately brought her tongue to touch mine. Dad was right - she was the best thing I'd ever tasted in my life, my tastebuds were in paradise.

"That was..." I trailed off, unable to describe what had just happened

"Perfect" She supplied, leaning in to kiss me again.

"Gabrielle, will you be my girlfriend? I know this is probably too soon and you might want to get to know each other better first but I just think you're beautiful and incredible and I want to call you mine. If you say no, I understand-"

 "Jake" She laughed "Of course I'll be your girlfriend" Then she kissed me again and nothing else mattered.