"What on earth was you thinking?" Mr Belton asked sternly, knitting his fingers together as he peered at me from over his desk. I was boiling with rage, that hadn't been enough. I wanted to kill the bastard. I sat on my hands to stop myself from throwing a punch at Mr Belton, he didn't understand! "Jake?"

"What?" I snapped

"I called your dad, he'll be here soon but he said there was a small emergency"

"Emergency?! What emergency?!" I asked in panic

"He didn't say. Jake, I have no choice to expel you. You have seriously hurt Darren-"

"I'm sorry to interrupt, sir" Mr Smith said grimly "Another student felt the need to attack a peer" He prodded Gabrielle into the room, my jaw dropped open. Gabrielle attacked someone? She sat down beside me, sheepishly.

"Gabs, what the fuck was you thinking?" I hissed as Mr Smith explained what happened "What did you do?"

"I slapped Darren" She told me "Because I know he made a crack about your parents but he didn't tell me what it was"

"Thanks, love" I smiled

After a long, long lecture we were finally given a break to let our ear drums heal. I hugged my knees to my chest and rested my chin on top of them, I was a lot calmer now. If I saw Darren, it would be a different story. A loud knock rang in my ear drums, Gabrielle's dad burst into the room. Steam practically erupting from his ears.

"What on earth were you thinking?" He seethed, spraying spit with each syllable "Have you gone insane?! Gabrielle-"

"Mr Katsopolis" I interrupted "She was just trying to stick up for me"

"I don't care" He snapped "May I take my daughter out of school. She needs to be taught a valuable lesson"

"Of course, sir. Although, I regret to inform you that she will be in isolation for a week"

"Thank you, c'mon, Gabrielle. We'll talk in the car" He shot me a glare before stalking out of the room, Gabrielle trailed behind him. With her head hung low.

"I am so sorry!" Dad apologised profusely as he burst into the room, Papa was wrapped around his torso, weeping quietly. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that Dad's eyes were rimmed red and his lashes were clumped together from moisture of some kind, he'd been crying too. "I had a few things to do"

"It's fine" Mr Belton assured him "Have a seat" Dad collapsed into a chair "As I mentioned during our phone call, Jake attacked a student unprovoked-"

"You don't know shit!" I interrupted angrily "It was fucking provoked!"

"Jake, why don't you step outside for a moment whilst I talk to your dad?" Mr Belton suggested

"Take Papa with you" Dad gently placed him on the floor "Go with Jake, baby" I hesitantly grabbed Papa's hand, expecting him to flinch but he just trailed after me like a lost puppy. His expression was completely blank, I waved my hand in front of his face but he didn't even blink.

"Papa?"

Nothing.

I gingerly pushed him down into a seat and flopped down into the one beside him. Sighing, I placed his wrists on my lap and pushed up his sleeve, normally he would have snapped by now, panic flaring his every sense. The bandages traveled all the way up to his elbows.Tears stung my eyes, threatening to spill. I knew he'd slit his wrists.