I ran and ran and ran. My feet were burning, each step I took was incredibly painful. My legs were as stiff as ice poles. I was so cold I thought my legs would snap in half. I burst through the glass doors in front of my and collapsed on the front desk.

"My dad!" I gasped "I need my dad!"

"Who is your dad, darling?" The receptionist asked gently "Are you okay?"

"Ben Cooke. Please, tell me where he is!"

"Just hold on a moment-"

"Thank you for you help" I interrupted before sprinting in the direction of the stairs

"Wait! Excuse me!"

I ran through endless amounts of corridors, begging every doctor and nurse I came across for help. Eventually, one nurse took pity on me and directed me to the ward he was on. I stumbled through the door. My vision blurred as I collapsed to the ground.

"Jake?" A faint yet familiar voice said "Jake, look at me" I  felt a pair of hands rub my back. "Ben, why won't he look at me?! Or talk to me?!" There was a pause "Ben, stay in bed"

"Jake" A different voice said "He's freezing" A pair of warm arms picked me up and cradled me close to their chest. My eyelids were so heavy. A warm hand engulfed mine "Jake, if you can hear me I want you to squeeze my hand, okay?" Feebly, I squeezed his hand, trying desperately to open my eyes.

"Dad? Daddy?" I mumbled

"It's okay, Jake. I'm here" Cool, chapped lips kissed my forehead. Finally, I opened my eyes "Hey" Dad smiled at me, kissing my nose. He carried me over to his bed and sat down "Jake, have you been crying?"

"Maybe" I buried my head in his chest "Daddy, I'm cold"

"Why aren't you wearing your jeans, honey?" Dad rubbed his hands up and down my legs in attempt to warm me up.

"Didn't have time, Daddy"

"Baby, help me put his jeans on" Dad laid me down on the bed "Oh, honey, what did you do to your feet?"

"Forgot my shoes"

Dad and Papa pulled my jeans up and washed my sore feet. Dad tucked me into his bed, I clung to him, forcing him to lay with me. I buried my head in his chest, he didn't smell like home anymore. He smelled like hospitals and sickness.

"Jake, will you tell us what happened?" Dad stroked my hair

"Gabrielle's dad asked me if I was a virgin"

"What did you say?"

"I said no, Daddy, and that I got raped by Papa's ex before I ran off"

"Oh, Jake" Dad sighed "I love you"

"I love you too, Daddy"

"Jake, go to sleep"

"But-"

"Go to sleep"

 "Alright"