Sighing, I fiddled with my used, scrunched up tissue. I was too lazy to walk over to the bin that was all but a couple of metres away. I glanced up at Dad and Papa. Dad had just got back from chemotherapy and was knocked out on sedatives. Papa, however, had crawled onto the bed and slipped into his arms, burying his face in his chest. I wasn't convinced he was asleep, his breathing was too quick and his shoulders were shaking just a little to much.

I twisted a lock of hair around my finger before pulling on it til it was completely straight, it reached past my nose. I need a haircut. I hugged my knees to my chest and rested my head on the cold, hard wall behind me. I just want to go home. Dad seems to be getting worse, not better. He has an awful cough and has practically lost his voice. Not only that but he's almost as thin as Papa and I now.

I haven't spoken to Gabrielle since I ran out, I was almost mad she hadn't called until I realised I left my phone at her house. Why hadn't she visited? Surely, it could be that hard to find me? Why-

"Jake!" Gabrielle appeared in front of me, I had to blink a few times to make sure she was real.

"Gabs..?" I reached out to touch her arm.

"I'm so sorry!" She threw her arms around me, kissing my face all over "I love you so much"

"I love you too" I stopped her to kiss her properly "I'm sorry too" She climbed on my lap and buried her head in the crook of my neck.

"My dad is such a dick" She muttered

"He was just looking out for you"

"We need to talk" She bit her lip

"I know" I sighed "I'm sorry for not telling you, I was just scared of what you would think"

"I'm not mad" She kissed my cheek "Jake, you don't have to tell me anything you aren't comfortable with"

"I got into an argument with Ashleigh and stormed out of her house,when I was walking home I was on the phone to my dad and I bumped into this man. He pinned me against a wall and ripped my phone out of my hand. He said something to my dad about Papa and then crushed my phone. I could have tried to escape but I was too scared and I'm not exactly the strongest person" I paused "I didn't just get raped, Gabs"

"What do you mean?"

"I got used as a sex slave, Gabs, for 5 months. That's why I disappeared"

"Oh, Jake" Her face crumpled "I'm sorry. You don't deserve that"

"He was my first kiss, Gabs. I thought he might leave it at that but he didn't. One night he made me pole dance in front of a crowd but I was so scared, Gabs. I just stood there, frozen to the spot. He dragged me off the stage and threw me into a changing room.... and then he raped me, Gabs. It just snowballed from there"

"How many times did you get raped?" She asked cautiously

"Nearly every fucking night, Gabs"

"How did you escape?"

"I got rescued" I explained "A guy called Liam disguised himself and bought my services for the night, except he took me to a hospital and called my parents. I haven't heard from him since"

Gabrielle pressed her lips against mine, I could taste her tears. They were bitter and salty but the sweet taste of her lips balanced it out.

"I love you" I murmured

"I love you too" She sniffled "Thank you for telling me" We stayed wrapped in each others arms for a while. "Is your papa okay?" She whispered in my ear. I shook my head and rested my head against her. "Shouldn't you do something?"