Viente-Ocho

Annie's POV

Today mom, Hayley, and I are going shopping for the foster kids' room. We already ordered two bunk beds and four small dressers to go in their room, and now we need pretty much everything else. We walked into Target, grabbed a cart, and headed to the kids' room aisle. As far as we know, we are getting only girls. Mom is letting Hayley and I choose the stuff for the room, but she has to approve it. Hayley and I decided on two types of sheet and comforter sets, and mom likes them too. The two Hayley chose are light pink with white and gold polka dots, and I chose two that are light blue with violet stripes. The reason we chose two different kinds was we thought it would look better if each bunk had the same kind of bedding.

So, we placed the four bedding sets in our cart and headed to the bathroom decorations. There is a bathroom next to the room, but it isn't attached, and currently it's a guest bathroom, so that will be where the kids brush their teeth and stuff. We chose a light green bathroom rug and a matching shower curtain. Then, we selected a big white toothbrush holder, a basket for toothpaste bottles and hair brushes, which we also bought, and a step stool (for the shorter kids) that has a flip-top lid so you can store stuff in the top stair. We bought two 50-packs of ponytail holders, fifteen hair clips, and a bottle of detangler to go in the stair's bin. We grabbed a pack of four toothbrushes in case the kids didn't already have one, shampoo and conditioner for their hair, and two bottles of shower gel. We made our way to the cashiers and purchased all the stuff, coming out at around three hundred and seventy-five dollars.

We loaded the car, drove home, and set up the bedroom and bathroom for the rest of the afternoon. Once we finished, Hayley and I realized something: shouldn't the kids need a desk or something? So, we asked our parents about it, and it turns out they already bought one from IKEA but wanted us to see pictures of it before they opened the box and assembled it. They pulled up a picture online of the white desk and chair, and this is it:

 They pulled up a picture online of the white desk and chair, and this is it:

Since the desk is a bit wide, two kids can draw or do homework at the same time, so dad got one chair for each side

Since the desk is a bit wide, two kids can draw or do homework at the same time, so dad got one chair for each side. In the drawers, we plan to put activities inside.

In the top drawer, we put paper in. In the second drawer, we put in two pencil boxes, one having crayons and markers, the other with pencils and sharpeners. The third has four notebooks, in case the kids want to write about stuff. The fourth has magazines, mostly American Girl and Discovery Girls ones. And finally, the fifth drawer has some books, and my old iPad that has a few games on it, which I'm sure the kids will love.

We looked at the finished bedroom and bathroom. I hope the kids like it!