Eleven

A month and two days. For over a month, the girls had all been trapped in the basement. They were hungry every second of their days, and they could barely move. Ginger wasn't getting any better, actually a bit worse, and Allie's wrist healed, luckily. Annie and Charlie had noticed though that Allie's wrist is a bit crooked and she cannot bend it all the way back to where it should be able to. The girls still had gotten to go sit out in the backyard though, but only twice since they last did. Charlie guessed he wanted to keep them alive and the tiniest bit healthy, so he let then see the sunlight. Alissa had been really nice and caring to all of the girls, and has befriended Annie. They are all friends, but Alissa talks to Annie so much that the others usually listen to their conversation for entertainment. The conversations can be slightly serious, but most are comedic. The girls love them! It's just like the one week the foster kids had spent with the Leblanc's. Funny and nice people were around us all the time... but now all they have is sadness. Except for Alissa. She is a little sad, but keeps everyone's spirits up by a lot.

"Eat up," The man said, throwing two medium sized containers at the girls, snapping Charlie out of her thoughts.

He closed the door and Charlie grabbed a container and Hayley grabbed one. Charlie opened hers, and it contained some shredded cheese. Hayley opened hers and got really happy.

"Watermelon!" She whisper-screamed.

They all dove into the food, their best meal since they were kidnapped. They all ate and were actually full for once. Then they slept, and when they woke up, they were in a totally different place.

It was a room about the same size, but it was a little girl's room. Charlie and Annie guess it's Allie's. Charlie was the first one up, so she woke Allie up to ask if it was hers. Charlie didn't even get the chance to ask before Allie stood up and ran over to her bed. She hugged a stuffed cat that was sitting on it.

"Lily!" She screamed happily.

Everyone else woke up and were confused on where they were, but quickly figured out it was Allie's room. There were two windows, so the girls finally had some light. There was a shelf with books, and Allie had a small closet with her clothes. She raced over to the closet and took out a new pair of clothes, not that she had more than five outfits. She quickly changed and threw the old clothes into the hamper.

"Hey Allie, do you know where the bucket is?" Charlie asked, suddenly having to go to the bathroom.

"There's a bathroom in here," She said, opening a door next to the closet.

"Oh thank god," Charlie said, running over to the small bathroom.

There was a shower too, so once she was done, Charlie told the others about the shower, and they took turns washing off the filth that they had been living in for what seemed like forever. They were debating on how to wash their clothes, but soon realized that they didn't want to be sitting in the room naked, because that would be awkward. So the children just put their dirty clothes back on once they were nice and clean. They couldn't believe their eyes when they saw the amount of dirt in the bottom of the tub. It was all a nasty brown. Then they all found a way to fit in Allie's bed, and snuggled up to take a nap. As Charlie was about to close her eyes, she saw that Allie and Annie were right next to each other, smiling in their sleep. She wished she could have a friend like that. Madison has always been nice, but they really did think of ourselves as sisters, not besties.