Diece-Ocho

Hayley's POV

We stayed in Giana's house for two days, then we decided to set out again.

"I'm gonna miss you! You were the best friends I've ever had!" Giana said and hugged us.

"We'll miss you too!" Annie and I said.

Then, we took one last look, and left. We started walking towards Maryland.

Katie's POV

I'm just shook. I can't believe I left my daughters somewhere and I don't remember where. I've decided to call someone I haven't talked to in over a year. Billy. My ex-husband. I took a deep breath, picked up the phone, and typed in his number. I took a breath and pressed the green call button.

"Hello?" I said.

"Katie? Is this you?" Billy answered.

"Yes Billy, it's me. In the past year, I've made two terrible mistakes. One of them an accident."

"Okay. . . what can I help with?"

"Well, a little over a year ago, I accidentally bumped into Annie, who bumped into Hayley, who was opening the window in the second floor hallway, and she fell out and broke her arm. Two days later, police showed up at our house, and our daughters were stripped away from me. When I finally got them completely back three weeks ago, I started drinking. A few days later, I got drunk and abandoned them somewhere. I don't know where!"

"Well, it had to be somewhere that you could remember how to get back home, right? Where is somewhere that you could remember how to get back to easily?"

"Hmm. . . maybe the woods where we took the girls camping a few years back? No, there's no way I could remember how to get there and back. . . ."

"Yeah, you couldn't remember that. Well, we could look tomorrow. What about that?"

"Sure! Be over tomorrow around ten o'clock."

I hung up my phone. Talking to Billy was satisfying. In fact, not just satisfying, but I really enjoyed it. Do I still love him?

Sorry it took so long to get this out! I've been spending all my time reading brannie books 😂