Chapter 6: news and pain

Swetabiebs thank you for making up two covers and entering them into the contest. There amazing! Your other one is at the bottom.

Colton's p.o.v

I raced Tessa back to the house. When the house came into view we both ran behind separate trees and shifted. I know she isn't my mate but I wish it sometimes. But my wolf dosent like it when I do. She is made for someone else and I am too.

We both walked out and she had a map in hand. I hand the envelope in hand as well. She was wearing jeans and a grey fallout 4 tee shirt. She had on black flip flops as well.

I had on a blue jersey and kachki shorts with some blue sandles. She adjusted her green beanie hat as she fixed her hair.

"Ready?"

I asked her and she nodded. We began walking towards my pack house. When we got closer I saw my mom and dad on the porch. Dad smiled when he saw Tessa.

"Ah the leader of the intelligence pack, Tessa. How have you been?"

He asked her as he shook her hand. Mom pulled her into a hug as she smiled.

"I have been well Altaïr, yourself?"

She asked dad and he sighed.

"I could be better. Cole hand me the envelope."

Dad said and I passed him the envelope. He opened it up and inside there was only one paper. He read the paper and when he finished a huge grin came across his face.

"What is it?"

Mom asked and dad turned to her.

"They said yes."

Dad spoke with a huge smile on his lips. My mom gasped and smiled. Tears brimmed her eyes from the joy I think.

"Tessa thank you so much for this news. I'm so happy to have received it."

Dad thanked Tessa and she smiled. Dad pulled her into a hug and we were all shocked. Once he let her go she stumbled back a bit.

"Tessa you are the fastest runner but I want you to go back to your pack. Thank you."

Dad said yet again and she smiled and ran back behind a tree. I could tell she stripped and shifted because a black and gold wolf bolted out from behind the tree.

"Son I can tell you like her. But she isn't your mate."

Mom speaks softly to me and I sigh. I look down at the ground and dad pats my shoulder.

"You will find your true mate one day and she will find her's. We know she isn't your mate."

Dad said and I looked up at him.

"How?! How do you know!?"

I yell at him and he and mom share a look.

"Because of a seer. A seer told us that she wasn't your mate."

Mom said and I ran off into the house. I was mad, sad, and hurt but my wolf was happy, positive, and in amazement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Madelyn's p.o.v
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I came back in from my forced run to find X.O Annachi and C.C Tayla walking out with my mother and father following.

"Mom, dad, what's going on?"

I ask them and mom sighs.

"I'll tell her kaden, keep up with them."

Mom says and dad pecks her cheek and runs after the X.O and C.C. I turn back to mom to find her with a sorrowful look in her eye.