chapter 44: trash

Jacob's p.o.v

After that talk with Wyatt I just felt a little off. Mom pleaded with dad to let him give us a warning. Mom was always a gentle soul. When dad was fuming with anger she was his cool calm water that put the flames out. She had an effect on him that I could never fathom. I'm happy she got him to send us a warning, she was always my favorite parent.

I could see how Wyatt was suffering with all the mated or marked females in the room. I Rember when a man got rejected by his mate, he survived but every time he saw a happy couple he would either break down and cry or he would run off and try to mark another female as his. I can't imagine what it must be like for Wyatt.

"Jacob, I want you to create those decoys now. Make them decent fighters so we can train them up at least a little."

Deven said; breaking my train of thought in the process. I nodded and imagined as many wolves as my powers would let me. I opened my eyes to see around 670 wolves all dressed and in human form.

"Good job Jacob, now I can get to training them. You can run off and do whatever it is Jacobs do."

Deven said and I rolled my eyes and walked away. I'm treated like trash by the United pack. Is it because of my father? Gosh his past actions even haunt his children to this day! I can never escape him! He won't flippen leave me alone even if he's out of my life!

I run into Wyatt's tent as it is the closest tent. As I run in I see Tessa and Blaze sitting on their bed talking. Abraham and Emma are clearly mind linking one another. I see Madelyn and Colton off in the corner taking a nap.

Just then I feel arms encircle my waist from behind and I tense. I feel someone lay their head on my back and sparks soon erupt from the place where our skin touches. It's only Jasmine.

"Why are you so tense?"

She softly asks me and I sigh. I relax in her embrace just a little bit. Even though my father is ruining everything he can't ruin my mate bond with Jasmine. Not now, not ever.

"Reasons."

I whisper back and she sighs. She walks in front of me with her arms still around my waist. I place my hands on her hips and she sighs.

"What's bothering you Jacob?"

She asks yet again. Her brown eyes are so captivating that I get lost in them every time I look in them. When all of my life is in chaos I know I can come here, to my mate, and find peace.

"It's just that even with my dad out of my life he won't leave me alone. I'm being treated like garbage by the United packs. I'm so confused with this entire situation. This confusion is making me frustrated and I don't know what to do. Kaden wh-"

I was cut off by the feeling of soft lips on mine. I was stunned with shock but I soon began to kiss back. I pulled jade closer to my body as our lips worked together in sync. Sparks erupted and flooded our bodied as our lips were pressed together. My wolf howled in joy at the feeling of our mate being so close to us.

I pulled away and pressed my forehead to her's. My hand snaked it's way around the back of her neck as I held her forehead to mine. It's a sign of equality and love. I plan to keep our relationship that way.

"Would you just shut up Jacob?"

Kaden whispers and I smile. All of a sudden a wolf whistle can be heard and my head shoots up to see who made it. Blaze and Tessa sit their with smirks on their faces as they look our way.

"Oh, don't mind us. We're just enjoying the show."

Tessa says as Blaze passes her a small portable bag of pop corn. Tessa pops it and dumps it into a bag. Both her and Blaze enjoy eating their pop corn as their watch us. I roll my eyes and take Jasmine's hand and lead her out. Her red hair sways as she walks next to us.

With her by my side i know I will always have peace. With my mate I will have peace and with my mate I will be loved.