Chapter 66: Howling (Part 2)

Emmalyn's p.o.v

As I followed everyone inside many memories flooded into my mind. Memories of Mark and I. When we first arrived here not knowing what the future held in store for us, when mark gave Blazs that talking after he marked Tessa out in the open. The fight Tessa and Blazd had against Annachi, Ace, Mark, and me. So many wonderful memories.

"Are you okay?"

Scarlett asks me as she looks into my eyes. She has her hands on my shoulders as her eyebrows furrow.

"What?"

I ask her utterly confused. Why would she ask if I'm okay? I lost my mate and I'm not crying yet.

"Your crying."

She says and I feel my face. My face is wet under my eyes and I quickly wipe them off with the back of my hand. I didn't even know I was crying.

"Yes, I'm fine."

I tell her with a small smile on my face. She nods and walks away from me. I run upstairs and into my bedroom. I slam the door behind me as I fumble into the room. I fall down and just lay on the floor crying.

I cry about mark, about my daughter finding her mate and already being marked, about every little thing. I cry. I continue to cry along side my wolf until a knock is sounded at the door.

"Emmalyn!"

Kayligh yells and I throw myself into her arms. She's like the sister I never had. She holds me as I cry.

"What's wrong?"

She asks me and I look up at her. Her brown eyes held care and gentleness.

"Mark is dead. He was killed in battle!"

I cry and she holds me closer to her. I cry until the tears stop and my eyes grow heavy.

"Just sleep for now."

Is all I hear before I completely fall asleep. Sleep is my only escape from the pain of reality.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Annachi's p.o.v
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I managed to make it back to my room without any problems. Things have been hard without Ace. We didn't even get to complete our mating process. When my heat does come around I'll have to find a chosen mate.

A chosen mate is a mate of your choosing. If someone gets rejected or their mate dies they are up for becoming a chosen mate. Your chosen mate will mark you and you will be theirs. If your mate died the marking with hurt like heck, if you were rejected the marking will feel a little odd.

As I walk into my room tears brim my eyes. Everything was so perfect before. I had my mate, I had a perfect life. I just wish I could live it all over again with Ace.

Ace.

Ace.

Ace.

His name played through my mind as tears began falling down my face. I sat on the bed and cried into my hands. My elbows were on my knees so I was facing the ground.

"A-ace."

I cry out hoping that he would wake me up from this night mare. But when I look up in still in this harsh reality. I cry even harder as the fact sinks in.

Ace is dead. My mate is dead.

That fact makes me cry even harder than I did before. I want to be able to feel the amazing sparks I felt with Ace once more. I wish to be able to say good bye to him. I need to kiss him with everything I had the morning of the battle just one more time.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and I gasped. I felt something I never thought I would feel ever again. This amazing feeling that spread throughout my whole body. The arms around my waist only tightened their hold on me.

I could feel them again!

The sparks.