Chapter 72: rejection

Annachi's p.o.v

I walked outside about an hour after Tessa's out burst. I don't understand her way of thinking so I don't understand why she tried to attack my mate. What's wrong with me having a second chance mate?

As I was walking I walked into the town square and up to the wooden structure. I noticed a peace of paper nailed on it. I gently pulled the paper up so I could read it.

WANTED!
WANTED!
TESSA OF THE INTELLIGENCE PACK
ON ACCOUNT OF TREASON AGAINST HEAD WARRIOR AUSTIN OF THE PRISON PACK!

WANTED ALIVE!
REWARD OF 1,000,000 DOLLARS!
WANTED!

I read and I growled lowly. Why on earth would Austin do this? I let the paper fall back against the wood once more as I walk back towards the pack house. I walk inside and up to the room Austin and I share. I open the door and Austin begins to walk up to me.

"Hey babe."

He says as he goes to touch me. I walk away from him with my arms crossed.

"Don't 'Hey babe' me."

I tell him with full authority in my voice. We maybe mates but I'm still his luna until Tessa takes over.

"What's wrong?"

He asks and I scoff. I turn around to face him with my eyes glaring daggers at him.

"What's wrong? What's wrong is the fact that you are putting a bounty of a 15 year old's head! What on earth would trigger you to do that?"

I yell at him and he growls at me. I growl back louder and he doesn't back down. I stand my ground and so does he.

"The little brat tried to attack me!"

He yells at me and I place my hands on my hips.

"Yeah! After you punched her!"

I yell back and he scoffs as he rolls his eyes.

"Yeah right! That brat needs to be taught a lesson! She thinks she's so strong and mighty! She thinks she can lead us all when she will only lead us to ruin!"

He yells at me and that's when it snaps for me. Ace was my true mate and his son was Blaze. Tessa is Blaze's mate so that makes him family. Austin can't accept that fact because he isn't related to Ace or myself.

"I, Annachi Jamel, reject you, Austin doe, as my mate!"

I yell and he falls to his knees in pain. I don't feel a thing as our mate bond was never ment to be.

"Guards!"

I yell and three guards run in and look directly at me.

"Luna."

They address me and I point my hand down at the crying mess of a man on the floor.

"Take him to the cells and remove all bounties on Tessa's head."

I tell them and they bow and drag Austin out of the room. That man was never ment to be alpha or in any place of leadership. He was a self centered, jealous, and weak man. He would never survive in any leadership.

"Ma'am! Tessa and Blaze have been taken by the guards!"

A maid tells me as she opens my bedroom door. I run out behind her as she leads me. We run outside and I see a large group of guards surrounded by a cloud of smoke. Bronson and Tessa run out of the cloud and towards us. Both stop in their tracks and stare into my eyes.

"It's okay, your not in any trouble."

I tell them and they nod. The smoke clears and the guards see the kids next to me.

"Stop! These kids are innocent. Just let them be. Tomorrow morning is the funeral. Tomorrow afternoon is the torture of Demitri mills and tomorrow evening is his execution."

I speak out with a loud voice and all the guards cheer. I smile but on the inside I'm falling apart without Ace. I wish I had him back in my arms.

I look up at the moon and I think of him. I Rember all the times we spent together and all the things we went through. I look up at the moon and make at silent promise.

I will see my mate again one day. And that day will be a great day.