chapter 68: A worse Treason

Tessa's p.o.v

After we met up with the beta's and all of our pack members we lead them back towards the main area of the pack. This pack was full of stone buildings and cobblestone streets. The main area was like a mid-evil type thing. We had a large open area with the cobble stone ground and nothing else. At the front of the town square which was closest to the pack house was a large wooden structure.

This structure had stairs leading up to a large top deck. On the top deck was a rope with a noose on the end, a stump with an ax next to it, a rack with a bunch of knives and stuff on it, and a cross. All of these different execution technics.

The wood used to make it was a birch type wood. It was a very light brown almost white color. But by the end of the day it would be blood red.

I walked on top of the wooden structure and looked out apon the crowd. All of the packs were here to witness this evil man's torture and execution. The whole town square was filled and we even had some people on the roofs of houses and some sitting on the window sills.

I hear the sound of footsteps coming onto the wooden structure. I look around and see everyone coming up. All of the alphas and lunas look like they haven't she added a tear but I know that's not true. I haven't shed a tear about my father yet, but I feel I will soon.

The crowd began shouting and cheering as we were all lined up. Sage took a few steps forward and everyone from his pack shouted and clapped their hands. Sage took a step back and kaden stepped forward. All fear pack members jumped up and started screaming. He walked back and Derek and Scarlett walked forward. All of their members shouted and yelled louder than all the others.  They walked back and Griffen walked forward with a frown on his face. His pack shouted and cheered at the survival of their alpha. Annachi wouldent step forward and I looked over to see her on the arm of another man.

"Who do you think you are?!"

I screamed as I stomped towards the new man on annachi's arm. Annachi is Ace's mate and his alone. How dare she think that she can replace him just like that?!

"I'm her mate!"

The strange man growled out as he met me in the middle of the wooden structure. I was nose hight to him but he dosent intimate me.

"Ace is her mate and I know your not Ace!"

I yell at him and he punches me in the face. Gasps go through out the crowd and I growl at him. I feel my eyes flash bright orange and I go to lunge at the poor soul but strong arms wrap around my waist.

"Tessa stop!"

I hear the voice of my mate shout as he pulls me against his body. The sparks do little to calm my anger down.

"You can't be her mate! Her mate is dead!"

I roar out with the voice of my wolf. It sounds like two people talking at once. Her voice is a little higher and more soothing than mine. My voice has a little tough and rough edge to it.

"War I said stop!"

Blaze and his wolf roar out and i turn around in his hold to face him. Gent's eyes were glowing red and his hold on me was tight.

"Your father isn't even buried yet and she's already off with another man! To me that's the worse treason than demitri preformed when he was 13."

I yell and escape from his grip. I run off the platform and jump into the crowd. They clear a way for me as I shift mid jump. The move out of the way as fast as they can as I run out of there. I hear Blaze shift and run after me but I don't care.

I push myself to go faster than I ever have before. I run until I can't no more. I run for a very long time with Blaze clearly following behind me. He's not trying to catch me but see where I go.

I manage to run all the way back to the intelligence pack. It's on the complete other side of the Allied packs and it took over a day. I run through the city until I reach my father's house. It's a long ways outside the city.

I shift and run right inside. I hear Blaze behind me as I run towards my room. I slam the door behind me and I run into the middle of the room.

I fall on my hands and knees and just cry. My hands give out so my forearms are supporting all my weight. I hear Blaze come in and he wraps me in his arms.

He lifts me up and carries me over to my bed. He lays me down and climbs in next to me. I lay my head on his chest as I cry my eyes out.

The walls that kept all the tears back have cracked and broke. All the emotions of anger and sadness fall out with them. I'm crying over the fact that my father is dead, over the fact that almost everything I love is gone. I'm angry over the fact that I couldn't save my father, over the fact that he died right before me.

All these emotions fall out at a fast pace and where do they land? On the chest of my mate. My walls are broken and everything is flooding out.

Broken.