Chapter 49: how many

Colton's p.o.v

After I left Madelyn I ran out in hopes of finding a fight. I saw some female rouges circling around a warrior I have knows as burk. Burk was in his wolf form and his wolf was a brown, muscular, wolf. I shifted and jumped in to help. There were 4 rouges so we each took two.

I jumped on the back of one and she began to thrash around. I was forced off her by the other female and I landed on the ground. This female went in for an attack on my neck but I pushed her off. I used my powers to make a tree fall on her and I focused back on the other rouge. I jumped on her again as I bit into the back of her neck. I felt her body go limp as I looked back at burk. He kicked the last rouge into a tree and it died.

He sent me a greatful nod as we don't have mind link. Apparently he didn't know that I wasn't allowed to fight. Well, screw that rule I'm going to fight.

"Air support! Air support!"

I hear a female yell and I follow the sound of the voice. A very loud boom follows after and the force pushes me a little. I continue to follow the voice and it leads me to Tessa and Blaze.

"Screw this Blazs, I'm going to fight."

Tessa says as she shifts into her wolf form. Her black wolf is larger than most other wolves because of her United pack blood. Blaze shifts and they both run into battle.

Just then I felt something inside me break. It hurt more than any other pack link. I felt my mother leave my mind completely; the pain felt like a piece of my heart has left me. I howled out in pain as I bolted back towards the medical bay. I saw my father running in the same direction as well.

Both of us arrived at the medical bay and shifted. We didn't care that we were naked all me cared about was my mom.

I looked over at dad to see tears flowing out of his eyes. He held his mark as he cried. We ran in to see Madelyn crying.

"Maddy what happened?"

Dad asked with his voice cracking. Tears still flowed down his face and his eyes became puffy.

"S-shes dead a-Altaïr. But she told me to t-tell you that her d-d-dieing thoughts were of you and colton."

Madelyn cried and my dad broke down crying. He fell to his knees as he sobbed. He began yelling 'no' and 'She can't be gone'. It hurt me to see him like that. Maddy stood up and pulled me into a much needed hug. I cried into her shoulder and I heard my dad stand up.

"I'm going to fight. J-just because a-a-alex is d-d-dead..... dosent mean I can't fight till my dieing breath. Colton."

Dad said and I turned to face him. Tears are in my eyes and tears are streaming down his face. He pulls me into a hug and I hug him back.

"Cole I love you even if we never got along. Just know that I love you very much. Your going to be a great alpha."

Dad spoke softly to me and I nodded. He looked into each other's eyes before he took off and shifted.

I knew what he was going to do. We all knew. He was going to run straight into the rouge army, at the heart of it, and try to kill demitri. He's off on a suicide mission. My father.

More tears fell down my face as the thoughts of my pack members filled my mind. They felt the death of my mom as well.

'I'm sorry.'

'We're here for you.'

'Stay strong.'

Are just a few of their comforting words that filled my mind. My mate let me cry into her shoulder yet again.

After about maybe 10 minutes I pulled away and looked into the eyes of my mate. Her eyes shot around the room at all that was going on. We had every bed full of people and I have a feeling that the other medical bays were full as well.

"Madelyn go to the other medical bay, I've got this one!"

Emma shouts and Madelyn nods. She pecks my cheek and walks me out. I shift and she climbs in my back. I bolt out of there and towards another medical bay.

When we arrive I hear a loud howl of pain. No one around me let it out but it sounded like a female howl. But two male howls followed after. One of the howls belonged to James. The other two belonged to Wyatt and . The female howl belonged to Tessa and emmalyn. Mark is dead.

How many more must we loose before we win this war?