Chapter 64: take off the mask

Tessa's p.o.v

Daniel's voice rang through my mind and relief washed over me. Daniel was my father's beta and he is still alive.

"Guys! We don't need to go to our packs!"

I shout as I take off the gas mask. Everyone gasps and runs towards me. Blaze takes the gas mask out of my hand and places it back on my face.

"What do you think your doing?!"

Emma screams at me and I laugh. They all look confused as to why I'm not dead yet.

"The bomb blasts messed up the radiation detectors. There is no radiation."

I tell them but Blaze still holds the mask to my face. His eyes show confusion and another emotion that I can't make out. No matter what, Blaze's eyes are what give him away. A certain twinkle in them tells you exactly what he's feeling. Meanwhile I'm harder to tell.

"And how do you know this?"

Sage stutters out. The loss of his mate is taking a tole on him and I can tell he is only lasting as long as he can for Jasmine. Jasmine will need a shoulder to cry on if Jacob can't do anything.

"Daniel, my father's beta, he mind linked me. He has gathered all of our pack members and is bringing them here."

I tell everyone and they all nod slowly. Blaze slowly retracts the gas mask off my face and drops it to the ground. Everyone else does the same but at a slower pace.

"See, now let's leave the tunnels. We have someone to torture and execute. Not to mention we need to get the packs under control."

I tell them and we all rush out of there. We all knew something needed to be done and apparently I'm the only one to actually bring up something about it.

Once we're outside the tunnels and into the main area where all of our vehicles are all eyes focus on us.

"Remove your masks!"

Kaden roared out and everyone did as told. He used alpha command and no one can resist that except the alphas family.

"There is no radiation! The bomb blasts messed up all of our equipment. The readings Tessa revived were wrong."

Sage yells out and all of our remaining warriors nod their heads in understanding. We went into that battle with 695,000 and we left that battle with 493,000 warriors. I can't imagine what all of their mates and children must be feeling at the moment.

"What about the other packs here?"

Someone shouted out and the whole crowd was silenced. I could tell everyone in the Allied packs was worried about their families. I know I lost someone in this battle but I've managed to stay strong for this long. But I slowly feel myself breaking on the inside and I know I will break completely eventually.

"Beta Daniel of the intelligence pack is on his way with everyone else. We do not know the fate of any other leaders except the ones in front of you."

Annachi yells out and they all stand still. No one truly knows what to do at the moment. I don't even know. Do we torture demitri now or wait? Do we set up the funeral for our fallen leaders and brave warriors?

"Get unloading and when all is finished come find us! We will have more work for you all to do!"

Wyatt yells out and everyone gets to work. I see people piling up all the bloodied blankets and pillows from the medical bay. Some people are throwing the bodies of the warriors who died in the medical bays into a pipe so they can be burned later.

Sage, Kaden, Derek, Scarlett, Griffen, Mom, and Annachi all walk inside the pack house to do who knows what. Wyatt walks over to Dante and Wolfe and they begin talking about stuff. James and Remi join in on the conversation while all of the kids stay back.

"What do you think we will do to demitri?"

Jacob asks and I sigh. I take a seat near the woods and everyone joins me. We are all sitting in a circle. Blazs is next to me and I'm sitting with my back to a tree. On the other side of me is Emma than next to Emma is Abraham. Seated next to Abe is Colton and next to Cole is maddy. Next to Maddy is Jasmine and next to Jasmine is Jacob.

"All I know is that I get to help."

I tell them with a slight smirk on my face. I'm looking forward to dealing that guy some well deserved pain. But Guinevere is always in the back of my mind. She must have gone through so much and she must hate him. But she showed concern for him when he was captured? Confusion, oh yeah.

"Speaking of that, Tessa, I have some methods for you. I also heard we all get to help if we want to. Everyone can help at least once."

Madelyn says and we all nod in agreement.

"I don't think I'll help. I'm not into that type of stuff."

Jacob said and all eyes went to him. I would understand him not wanting to help because Demitri is his father. But because he is the Rouge gone rouge it makes even more sense.

"I won't do it either. Just not into that stuff."

Emma says as Abe kisses her hand. I smile slightly and a loud howl is heard from the other side of the pack.

"The other packs are here!"

Jasmine shouts as she jumps up and shifts. We all got redressed into our war cloths so there is no worry about shifting back naked. All of us shift and follow after her to meet up with the other packs.