Chapter 19: Start over

Madelyn's p.o.v

'H-he doesn't want us! Why?! What did we do wrong?'

My wolf, knowledge, asked me as we both cried. My dad let me lay my head on his shoulder as I cried.

"What did I do wrong?"

I cry out and dad looks down at me.

"Nothing Madelyn, absolutely nothing."

He whispers and I look up at him. I know my eyes are red and my cheeks are puffy.

"Then why did he reject me?"

I cry out and he sighs. There is a knock at the door and dad gets up to answer it.

"Can I come in?"

I hear Altaïr ask and dad moves out of the way so he could walk in. Altaïr looks over at me and sighs. I can tell he's disappointed in his son.

"Madelyn i'm sorry for Colton's actions."

Altaïr says as he walks towards me. Dad shuts the door and walks over to me as well.

"I know."

I can't tell him it's fine when it's not. But I can only hope this will get better.

"I did a little research on rejection and I found something that might help."

He said as he took a seat next to me. I wiped my eyes with the backs of my hands and looked at him.

"What did you find?"

I ask and my voice is sore and hoarse from all my crying. My head hurts from my wolf's sobs and my whole body aches.

"If you accept the rejection it will make Colton suffer the same way you are. It will also cause your pain to end sooner."

He says softly and I nod. I learned about this in school. Even if your mate is miles away after they rejected you, you can say the rejection words any where and they will feel it.

"I, Madelyn Pendragon, reject Colton Miller as my mate and other half."

I speak out and a loud howl of pain and loss is heard from outside the pack house. But another howl follows after. This howl is one of joy and happiness; a howl of a found mate.

A Devine smell fills my nose but it's faint. I smile and stand up as I smell the air. All the pain Colton caused is gone and it feels amazing.

"What is it Maddy?"

Dad asks me and I smile.

"I don't know but it smells amazing."

I whisper as I walk out of the room. I follow the smell outside and into the woods. The scent is ocean and lavender.

I follow it through the woods and put to the pier. There on the dock I see a boy with black hair and brown eyes talking with Tessa and Blazd. Standing next to him is a taller man with brown hair and brown eyes. The taller man has a slight stubble and just looks threatening.

Neither of them turn to face me but a hand taps my shoulder. I turn around to face Colton. The sparks are still their it's just fainter than it was.

"What do you want?"

I snap at him and he sighs.

"I suppose you deserve an explanation about the rejection."

He says and I scoff. Now he's being stupid, OF FLIPPEN COURSE I WANT A EXPLANATION!

"Heck yeah I do."

I tell him and he shoves his hands in his pockets. I can tell he's nervous with this and he is only starting to feel the pain I felt. It's worse for a female because they aren't as strong as males.

"My heart belonged to another while my wolf's heart belonged to you. I know it's screwed up but I went to a witch and had my heart changed. I want to be with you but I felt your rejection. Could we, I don't know, maybe start over?"

He asks me as I stand their with my arms crossed over my chest. Does he actually think I'll give myself to him that easily after what he did? Aw heck nah.

"I don't know Cole. I want to but I don't think I'll be able to do it. You will have to work, and you'll work hard."

I tell him as I turn around and walk away. The scent of my mate is gone and that's when it hit me.

Colton's heart change altered his scent.

He's still my mate.

Well crap.