Chapter 53: A smile on her face

Emma's p.o.v

I could tell the battle was close to being over. The rouges were getting tired out and we didn't have as many people coming into the tent. At first I didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Abraham ran off a while ago to go help at some other medical tent. Right now we were cleaning up all the bloodied blankets and throwing them in a fire.

I felt my radio buzz on my belt so I picked up the radio and pressed the button to speak.

"Emmw I need you to send someone out here to collect my father."

I hear Tessa say and dread fills my being. She lost a parent.

"I'm sorry."

I tell her and I could practically hear Tessa's eyes roll.

"I don't want anyone's pity at the moment."

Tessa replies and I turn to some guards.

"Do and find Tessa, bring back marks body."

I told them and they ran off to do as I say. I cut the line and place the radio back on my belt. I can't imagine what would happen if I lost Jada or Griffen. Yes we do get in our fights but I love them like family. Same goes for Marc. I wonder if he's all right at the moment.

I hear my radio going off but I have it turned off. Wait, did Tessa turn her line off? If not I can listen in to see what's going on.

"Air support! Air support! I need you to bomb the area with the purple smoke."

Tessa tells the air support on the Nathan James. I hear something be ripped off of something and I hear her throw something. She probably threw a smoke bomb.

"I see it."

The air support says and a loud boom is heard in the background. I walk outside the tent to see that the air support bombed a large group of rouges.

"EMMA!!"

I hear Abe yell and I turn my head to see him running towards me. In his arms is the figure of a woman. She turns to face me and that's when I realize who it is.

It's Jada, my mom!

"Mom?"

I ask as Abe runs her into the tent. He gently lays her down and she wines in pain. She has second degree burns all over her stomach and she has shrapnel lodged all over her body.

A bunch of female nurses surround me as we begin to cut off her cloths. Once there all off I examine her. She is bleeding profusely on her left thigh because of a large gash. I go to touch her arm and she winced. It must be broken.

"E-emma."

She says and I turn to look at her. I look into her blue eyes and she looks back into my green ones.

"I know I'm not going to make it out of this. Emma, I loved you like my own daughter since the moment I saw you. You were that little ball of energy running down the hallway."

She said and she stopped to cough. She coughed up blood and I knew she was dieing fast. Nurses began removing the shrapnel from her body as she looked back into my eyes.

"Emma, tell Griffen that I love him very much. He was with me through thick and thin. I want both of you to know that my very last thoughts were of you. Please tell my sister that I love her too. Emma I love you my little ball of energy."

She said with a smile on her face and tears in her eyes. I held her hand as she looked back into my eyes.

"I love you Emma, make sure both you and Griffen know that."

She says as I kiss her bloodied cheek. She smiles and closes her eyes as she takes her last breath. I lay her hand down on the bed as the nurses cover her with a white sheet.

Abraham runs up to me and pulls me into his strong arms. I hide my face in his chest as he holds me close to him. The pain I feel is just to great. I hear Griffen let out a howl of loss and I join in.

I fall to my knees and Abe goes down with me. He holds me to him as I kneel there in the middle of the medical bay crying my eyes out.

As I cry I hear another howl of pain come off in the distance. It seems pretty far away but I knew exactly from who it came from. A male wolf and a female wolf.

Annachi and Blaze.