Chapter 48: Failed sniper

Tessa's p.o.v

As we ran out to battle a million thoughts began to fly through my head. 'What if mom or dad die?', 'What if we loose Blaze?', 'What if we die?'. Are just a few of the many questions clouding my head.

'Mate, on your six.'

Blaze's voice slices through all of my thoughts as I feel a sudden weight on my back. I turn my head to see Blazs holding onto my fur as I run.

'Wow, love you too.'

I tell him through our mind link. He let's out a barely auditable chuckle that makes my heart flutter.

'But I do love you. So much.'

He mind linked me back. His love filled words were because of the battle that's about to go down. My family wants me to break apart from the group so I can sneak my way into their camp and cause as much havoc as possible. A thing I am particularly good at.

'Tessa separate now. Blaze jump on my back.'

Wolfe mind linked up and I nodded as I ran a little further. I was waiting for Blaze to leave my back.

'I'm going to stick with her Wolfe.'

Blaze said and Wolfe nodded his wolf head. I then turned and ran towards the forests edge. Once inside the forest I shifted back into my human form and made sure all my Wepons were still on me.

"What we're you thinking?!"

I whisper yelled at him. He was a tall beast that would make lots of noise.

"I'm going to help you."

He whispered back. I knew where he was coming from and it made me happy. But at this moment I wasn't amused.

"If you can keep up and stay quiet."

I tell him as I turn to a tree. I begin to climb it so I can get to the top. Blaze follows behind me as I go. Finally I get to a decent branch and I look out at the trees ahead of me.

The branches ahead of me are all near close to each other and they all should hold my weight. I look to my left to see Blaze at the ready. I stand and jump to the next branch. I stay silent as I keep moving. If I stop the branch will rattle and give away my position.

I keep going for about 4 minutes before I have sight of demitri's army. I open my mind link with the alphas and show them what I see. I see a very large army with four large rouges at the front. One of them being demitri. I look next to me to see Blaze crouching on the branch.

I pull out my sniper rifle and quietly place a round in the chamber. I place the butt of the rifle in my shoulder as I look through the scope. I place demitri's head in the intersection of the crosses. I take a deep breath and a cracking sound is heard. My finger pulls the trigger back as I fall to the ground. I land on the ground as I look to see who I hit.

I didn't kill demitri, I killed a random rouge.

All eyes were on Blaze and I as we high tailed it out of there. I pulled the radio from my belt and held it to my face.

"AIR SUPPORT! AIR SUPPORT! ARMY AT MY LOCATION! AIR SUPPORT! AIR SUPPORT!"

I yelled into the radio as we ran. Blaze shifted and I threw myself in his back. He ran faster and faster as the sounds of paws against the ground filled our ears. I looked behind us to see around 25 rouges.

"10-4"

Is all I got back before the sound of jets filled my ears. A loud boom followed after and a war howl was sounded. The war howl was brought apon by Demitri.

The blast didn't kill him.

I grabbed a pistol with silver bullets laced in wolfsbane and aimed it at the rouges. I shot each round in the magazine off, all 30 rounds. I hit 15 wolves but 10 were still on us.

Plan B.

I grab a smoke bomb and broke it. I threw it at the rouges and their howls of death filled my ears. In that smoke bomb was gas wolfsbane with silver particles.

Blazenkept running back to base camp where a large group was still waiting. They aimed their guns at us at first but they soon lowered them.

Blaze shifted back and we walked towards the group.

"What's his army status?"

Deven asked us and we sighed.

"It's a very large one with powerful forces. We had 25 on our tail but we managed to get rid of them. Deven this fight, it won't be an easy one."

I told him as I rembered the image. Deven sighed and nodded.

"No one ever said it would be."