Chapter 50: do not cry

Tessa's p.o.v

I left Deven and ran towards the forests edge. Blaze was running with me as well and right now it was kind of bothering me. So I stopped and shifted back. I kept my back to him.

"Why are you following me?"

I asked him as I was getting annoyed by him following me like a lost puppy. Yes , love him but he dosent need to follow me.

"Staying with my mate."

He said as i turned around to face him. He was walking towards me with a confused face. He's oblivious to this.

"I want to be able to fight on my own right now!"

I shout at him, where this sudden anger came from I don't know. I look up into his eyes, they always give away his emotion. He feels hurt, sad, and...... scared? Did I speak to harshly?

"I- I just wanted to stay with you. To make sure you would be alright. But I see now that you don't want me around at the moment."

He says as he turns to walk away. War is giving me an earful about how I shouldn't have done that. I can't block her out without loosing her strength so I guess I'm dealing with it.

I watch as my mate shifts and runs away. I turn around and run out towards the battlefield. I see wolves attacked one another and many are falling dead at the ground.

I look around and spot my dad with 6 rouges surrounding him. I shift and run towards him as fast as I can. I jump over dead bodies and kill a few rouges along the way.

When I arrive at my father's location I see three rouges dead on the ground. But dad has a small chance of his back leg missing and he's limping. I  attack one rouge and kill him by ripping his throat out. I watch as dad pins one rouge down but the other rouge jumps on his back.

'DAD!!'

I scream through our mind link. Dad looks over at me as he is killed. He died from two wolf bites on the neck and the weight of the fat male rouge.

'Tessa never forget that I love you.'

Was the last thing he ever said to me. I howled out in pain at the loss of my father. I heard my mother's howl from across the battlefield. She lost a mate, a lover, I lost a father. I jumped on the rouge that bit into the back of my father's neck and killed him instantly. The other rouge tried to get away but I shifted and shot him in the back of the head.

I looked around to see ashes of grass around me along with 10 rouges burning alive. Did I cause this?

'Yes you did, when you felt extreme sadness, pain, and anger your body sent off a large fire blast.'

War explained to me and I shifted back. My father was in wolf form when he died so he shifted into his human form. I shifted back and picked up my father with the help of my wolf.

'B-b-blaze.'

I speak through the mind link Blaze and I established when he marked me. I don't show any emotion as I speak. I carried my father's body to the forests edge and laid him there. His eyes were still open so I slip my hand over them to shut them.

'Are you alright?'

He asks and I smile. His gentleness and kindness still surprises me even when I was a jerk to him.

'No, I'm not. He's dead Blaze. My father is dead.'

I yell into the mind link again. I knelt down to the ground as I held my father's head in my lap. I whimpered as I placed my forehead to his bloodied one.

"Tessa."

Blaze says as he runs towards me. I pull my head up to look into his brown eyes. I gently place my father's head down as I run towards my mate.  He pulls me into his chest as he wraps his strong arms around me.

"H-he dead Blaze. I wasn't fast enough."

I speak into his chest and he begins to rock me back and fourth. I pull my radio off my belt and place it to my lips.

"Emma, Emma d-do you read me?"

I speak into the radio as I try to calm my emotions. I don't cry. My voice cracks a little and I take deep breaths.

Do not cry.

Do not cry.

Do not cry.

"I read you loud and clear."

Emma says and I sigh. I take another deep breath as I avert my eyes to a random tree. I don't look at my father and I don't look at Blaze.

"I need some help. I'm about a mile away from your medical bay and I need someone to take my father's body to the deep freeze."

I tell her as all emotion leaves my voice. It's hard to not cry right now but I force myself not to. Crying is a sign of weakness. And I'm not weak.

"I'm so sorry, I'll send someone right over."

Emma said as I heard her yell at some people. She turned her radio back on as I left Blaze's embrace.

"I don't want anyone's pity at the moment."

I tell her through the radio. Blaze places his hand on my back as he leads me away from my father.

"Okay, Emma out."

She said as she cut the radio signal. I placed the radio back on my belt as I walked away.

Do not look back.
Do not cry.
Do not appear weak.
Crying makes you weak.
I am not weak.