Chapter 63: Selfish?

Tessa's p.o.v

As we drove into the prison pack we were shocked as to what we saw. Buildings were burning and people were running around with guns and gas masks. The trucks kept driving until we got to the pack house.

I jumped out of the bed and quickly grabbed a gas mask. With the smoke in the air you can't trust your eyes. I took out a radiation detector and scanned the air. Everyone else had their shirts over their mouths.

It beeped and I looked down at the screen.

"Air radiation: 95%
Plant radiation: 60%

Mustard gas
Mushroom radiation
Atomic radiation
Electromagnetic radiation
Nuclear radiation

Est time till clear area: 38 hours"

I read out loud and everyone began to cover their mouths with more cloth as we all searched for gas masks. All of the gas masks were in an SUV and everyone got one after about an hour.

"Annachi where would your beta be?"

Grandpa asked Annachi as she placed her gas mask on. Blaze stood close to me with a tense posture. His instincts told him to protect me from anything and he's giving into them.

"Under the pack house. Follow me."

She said as she began to run towards the back house. Blazs, Grandpa, Kaden, Sage, Derek, Scarlett, Mom, Griffen, and I followed after her.

She went to open the door but it was locked. She took a few steps back before she charged at the door. She jumped and her feet made contact and the door slammed open. She landed on her feet inside the house.

"Impressive."

I speak out loud and no one pays attention. But I can hear Annachi let out a soft giggle as we walk. She eventually opens another door that lead to the basement. From there we walked down the steps and down into the tunnels that run to all the packs.

"Star!"

She yells out into the dark tunnel. Could that be a code word or something? The sound of soft footsteps fill my ears and I grab the dagger from my waist.

"And moon!"

A Male voice yells back and the whole tunnel becomes clearer as people come out with flash lights. There are so many people!

"Vincent! What on earth happened?!"

Blaze yells out as I continue to look around. Everyone here has a gas mask on, even the pups had one on.

"Well you see when the loss of our alpha hit us everything went into chaos. The guards began freaking out and the prisoners escaped. The got into the pack house and launched the bombs to fire on us. They are all dead now but many had died before they were killed. And now, with Ace dead, the whole pack needs a leader."

Vincent spoke as he used his hands to make gestures through out his whole speech. I stood next to Blazs the whole time as he spoke. Blaze sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"How many pack members are left alive?"

I ask Vincent and he turns his eyes to me. His eyes widen as he sees the mark on my neck. He snaps out of it and looks back to my eyes.

"We originally had around 900,00 pack memebers. As of now, it seems we only have 550,00. We lost over a third of your pack Blaze."

He says and everyone gasps. If it's this bad here who knows about the other packs. The loyalty pack, my pack!

"Blaze I need to get to my pack!"

I yell as I grab onto his arm. He looks down at me with soft and gentle eyes. He sighs and takes my hand as he leads me off. We walk till we are in a abandoned room.

"Tessa-"

Blaze tries to say but I cut him off by putting my hand up in the air.

"No Blaze I don't want to hear it. I'm going to my pack. They need someone there to lead them."

I tell him and he sighs. He takes hold of my hand in his and rubs small circles on the back.

"But I need you here to help me lead my pack."

He whispers out and i look down. Have I been acting selfish and only focusing on me? How long has he felt like this?

"Blaze I'll bring them all right back with me. I'll only be gone a week at the most."

I tell him and he looks into my eyes. He cups the back of my head and sighs. He's been doing that a lot.

"I wish I could kiss you."

He whispers out and i giggle. War is sending plenty of dirty thoughts into my mind and I allow my mental barriers to go down. Blaze let's himself in on my wolf's thoughts. He gasps but soon chuckles after.

"That's one naughty wolf."

He tells me and I giggle and walk away. As I approach the door a very important mind link came through my mind.

'Tessa, I've gathered the packs and we are on our way to the prison pack. The bomb blasts screwed up all radiation detectors. There is no radiation.'