Chapter 58: forced

Colton's p.o.v

I fell down to my knees as I cried my eyes out. I made a huge mistake and Madelyn might never forgive me this time. This could ruin everything! The vision Romen showed me flashes back in my mind and I cry more. I need to make it up to her.

I sit there crying and trying to think of a plan. Finally I realize that the only way to win her heart this time is to truly love her with all I have. I will make her the center of my universe. I need to show her that I love her with everything I have.

I get up off my sorry butt and walk towards the beach to find maddy. She always runs off to there when something goes wrong. So I bet I'll be able to find her there.

As I'm walking I spot Blazs, Abraham, Emma, Jacob, Wolfe, and Dante walking towards the beach with food and cloths in their hands. They are all laughing and talking about stuff. But they all stop when Emma points me out. They scowl at me and keep walking.

Man I screwed up now. I don't know if I'll be able to make it up to them.

'Well No duh you screwed up! Again you fool! Yet again you betrayed our mate! Once we make it up to her we will mark her so you don't screw things up all over again. And if you try you betray her again you will feel this burning heat in your chest. That heat is what Madelyn felt as we were betraying her!'

My wolf, energy, screamed at me. Maybe I should just let him take over when I talk to Maddy. He is better with words than I am.

'Do you feel like taking over once we meet up with Maddy? You are better with words.'

I offer him and he sighs.

'I might as well. You will probably screw it all up anyways. Just like you do with everything else.'

He says and I begin my walk again. I don't know how long I was talking with my wolf but it had to of been a long time. It was around 10 at night and the sun has already set.

I walked until I saw the light of a small bonfire. The laugh of my beautiful mate filled my ears. Her voice was like a army if angles singing as she talked.

"Tessa almost spit her water out!"

Madelyn and Jasmine both shout as everyone laughs harder. I run into the forest and move towards them. As I'm walking out I step on a twig and all eyes turn to me. Maddy looks up at me and her smile faded from her face.

"Maddy can we talk?"

I ask her and she sighs as she stands. She looks at Jasmine and Tessa. Both of them give her a nod and I hold out my hand. I help her stand and we walk a little ways down the shore.

I let energy take over and feel control slip away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Madelyn's p.o.v
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Colton closed his eyes and when he opened them again they were a bright yellow. His wolf has control and I sighed. Great, the only one who could have stopped him. He takes both of my hands in his and looks into my eyes.

"Maddy may I have the chance to explain?"

His wolf asks and I nod slowly. Cole was in control, not his wolf so why should I hate the beast?

"He blocked me out before I could even comprehend what was going on. I felt the pain you felt as you watched what he did. I tried to pass it off to him but he put up a very thick mental barrier so I couldn't force the pain through. I want you and you wolf more than anything and I know Cole does too. But his problem is that he doesn't think before his actions. He will need help but I have faith that we will be able to work together to help him."

His wolf preaches to me and half of me wants to believe him the other half doesn't. My wolf is the half that wants to believe him but my human side is the half that doesn't feel as if it's a good idea.

"Ener-"

I begin to say but I'm interrupted by his lips on mine. I am shocked at first but I slowly give into the sparks that overpower my senses. I wrap my arms around his neck and he wraps his arms around me.

He pulled away and leaned his forehead on mine. I couldn't help the small smile that made its way into my lips. He smiled as well and it went perfectly with his yellow eyes.

"Do you forgive us?"

He asked and I sighed. I pulled away from his embrace and his eyes showed hurt, sorrow, and confusion.

"I'm sorry, but I cant. Not this time."

I tell him as I begin to walk back towards the group. I felt a strong force push me to the ground and I felt a searing pain in my neck.

As darkness clouded my vision i see my friends running over to me. The guys shift into wolf form and that's when I realized what happened.

Energy, Colton's wolf, force marked me.