Chapter 69: confessions to a mate

Blaze's p.o.v

I followed my mate for the whole day. I traced her scent and watched her jump and duck over and under logs and trees. I don't know what came over her back there but something did. I know Austin isn't the most honest man but I see where Tessa is coming from. My father isn't even buried yet and Annachi is already kissing another man.

I Rember reading about when Demitri first became a rouge. Tessa said 'that is a worse treason than what demitri did when he was 13' or something along those lines. It's said that he killed both his parents and all his siblings. He then snuck into the alphas house and murdered the alphas kids. But he was then caught and imeaditly banished. But as demitri was the son of a beta, when he was banished he told the leader of a large rouge pack everything he knew. That lead to the packs massacre.

I followed my mate until she ran into a city. I don't know if she was trying to loose me or what but I plan on following. I follow after her and we end up at her father's packs house. I watch her shift as she runs inside. I shift and follow after her.

We are not naked thanks to our warriors cloths. But I'm in a tank top and shorts while Tessa is in a tank top and jeans.

I follow after her and I hear a door slam. I run up the flights of stairs till I get to her room. I gently open the door and I see my mate crying in the middle of the room. I walk in and shut the door behind me. I pick up Tessa and carry her over to the bed.

Tears still stream down her face as I climb in next to her. She lays her head on my chest as she crys. I wrap my arms around her as her cries grow louder. The only sound to be heard is her crying and my breathing.

"What happened back there?"

I ask her as she slowly calms down. Her wolf and she were blinded by something, but I do not know what it was. I sit up and she sits up with me. Her head is on my shoulder and my arms pull her onto my lap. She straddles me as her head rests on my shoulder.

"She's committed a greater treason than I ever thought possible. She's betrayed her mate and I can't stand that. How could someone do that?!"

She says as she looks into my eyes. Her brown eyes lock with my own as I push some dark brown hair behind her cheek.

"I don't agree with it either. But why wouldn't you stop?"

I ask her and that's when I realized my mistake. I should have said 'couldn't' instead of 'wouldn't".

"I don't know what came over me. Something just told me not to stop and I obeyed it. I tried to but when I couldn't fight back against him I went to verbal fighting. And when you forced me to look at you everything came crashing down.

All those emotions o kept built up inside, all the tears that always wanted to spill, all the times she has wanted to scream and yell. They all just poured out of me and k couldn't let anyone see me like that. Well minus you that is.

I need to stay strong for everyone I love. Growing up I was always the strong one mentally, emotionally, and physically. I could never give myself a break. I knew if someone saw me crying the whole world would know and I didn't want anyone thinking I was weak.

It was always 'Oh you need a shoulder to cry on, go to Tessa' and 'Tessa it's too heavy can you carry it for me'. Every time i said yes because no one could see me as weak as i am right now.

I hates being this weak and I never want to be like this. I managed to desensitized myself so i wouldn't cry. But seeing all this death and meeting me must have reversed everything i tried to hard to do. Blaze, I don't want to be seen as weak."

My mate explained to me with tears in her eyes that whole time. She often looked down or away from me during her little speech. I wrap my arms around her and pull her into me.

"Im sorry."

She whispered and I grew confused. Why on earth would she be sorry? She didn't do anything wrong.

"Why are you sorry?"

I ask her and she wipes her tears with the backs of her hands.

"I laid all this on you with put warning. I understand if you hate me now. This is also why I never let anyone in. All my life would be too much for them to bare."

She tells me and I cup her cheek and pull her into me. I press my lips to her's as I kiss her. She gladly kisses me back and when I pull away she has a slight smile on her face.

"Thank you."

She mumbles and I smile.

"Let's go kill a emperor."